TalkSPORT beat BBC to England's overseas radio rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of cricket myself, but can't help feeling for fans of the game, after hearing that that bunch of fuckwits grabbed the rights. Forgetting about their WUM presenters for a moment, the station has became even worse since Newscorp bought them. On top of the adverts, everything is 'sponsored'. Will be lucky to get 20 minutes of coverage for every hour :lol:

odd place to rock up in the cricket forum then :lol::lol:

Not enough demand for the bbc to stump up the money.

:neutral:

it's all happening too fast

Didn’t talksport have a windies tour few year back? Think Tony Grieg anchored coverage.
TMS is still decent but a shadow of what it once was. Aggers and Boycs are good and I quite like Selvey and Tuffers but with blowers gone the old guard seem to be dying off. No idea why they had to start involving women on the commentary either, typical box ticking from BBC and less said about that prat Swann the better.

Didn’t talksport have a windies tour few year back? Think Tony Grieg anchored coverage.
TMS is still decent but a shadow of what it once was. Aggers and Boycs are good and I quite like Selvey and Tuffers but with blowers gone the old guard seem to be dying off. No idea why they had to start involving women on the commentary either, typical box ticking from BBC and less said about that prat Swann the better.

honestly let's not start this again.

honestly let's not start this again.
I’m starting nothing it’s a thread about talksport and TMS. I’m giving my reasons for why I believe it’s not what it once was. Itll still be streets ahead of talksport mind. Only really Andy Jacobs and obviously Goughie out of all the presenters who actually like cricket.

I’m starting nothing it’s a thread about talksport and TMS. I’m giving my reasons for why I believe it’s not what it once was. Itll still be streets ahead of talksport mind. Only really Andy Jacobs and obviously Goughie out of all the presenters who actually like cricket.

They are having Bumble, Gough, Harmy, Tudor I think

I love TMS, find this sad

Although Vaughan and Boycott are just awful, NZ tour was bliss.

They are having Bumble, Gough, Harmy, Tudor I think

I love TMS, find this sad

Although Vaughan and Boycott are just awful, NZ tour was bliss.
I like bumble, can’t say I’m overly fussed on the others.
TMS is a part of the British Summer for me.

Brazil and McCoist already talking about getting over to Barbados to cover the Tests during this morning's show.

Massive cricket fans all of a sudden.

Brazil and McCoist already talking about getting over to Barbados to cover the Tests during this morning's show.

Massive cricket fans all of a sudden.
I heard a clip recently where McCoist said he likes Test cricket and Brazil was twisting, clearly as if he disagreed.

Brazil has been to the Ashes before iirc, in Oz

I heard a clip recently where McCoist said he likes Test cricket and Brazil was twisting, clearly as if he disagreed.

Brazil has been to the Ashes before iirc, in Oz

Guarantee he won't be as keen to go when it comes to the tour of South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back