TalkSPORT beat BBC to England's overseas radio rights

What a load of shite.

It was bad enough moving from C4 coverage to Sky. Then BT Sports in the winter was an absolute shambles.

Now they are taking away TMS from overseas tests?

Talksport can get fucked, and shove their screwfix adverts up their arse.

Ruining the sport. Darren Gough can get fucked as well, the fat Yorkshire prick.

I’m gutted, but TMS is a shadow of its former self. Arlott, Jonners, CMJ, Fred, Bill. Voices, characters that you can’t really replace. The thought of Talksport doing commentary is horrendous though.

It'll be even worse going from Aggers, Smith, Tufnell, Vaughan to Gough, Adrian Durham, Alan Brazil and the f***ing two Mikes

I’m gutted, but TMS is a shadow of its former self. Arlott, Jonners, CMJ, Fred, Bill. Voices, characters that you can’t really replace. The thought of Talksport doing commentary is horrendous though.
TMS is still worth listening to. It doesn't help when Sky hoover up all the decent ex-cricketers for their coverage. TS coverage will be cringeworthy - Sam Matterface shouting down the mic as no runs are scored in 5 overs on a Friday afternoon

Didn't talkshite have one of the previous overseas tour/competitions? I think it was whilst Jack Bannister was still around mind so it would have been quite canny. But I agree, it'll be a pile of wank if they are just going to use their current bunch of fucktards to do it.

Absolutely appalling news. Cannot in the slightest blame WICB nor the Sri Lankans for taking the money, but you can't help but feel it's another death knell for Test cricket.

TalkSport is just the Sun on the radio, nothing else. The likes of Durham trying to pretend they give a shit about cricket is gonna turn my stomach.

Didn't talkshite have one of the previous overseas tour/competitions? I think it was whilst Jack Bannister was still around mind so it would have been quite canny. But I agree, it'll be a pile of wank if they are just going to use their current bunch of fucktards to do it.

Something like the away Bangladesh ODI's a couple of years ago iirc.

It'll be f***ing horrendous. Adverts will fill the time inbetween overs, which is usually when TMS is at its best with interesting anecdotes or jokes.

Oh and what's worse, you'll get some prick like Mark Saggers commentating and it'll go something like this:

"Ben Stokes coming in to bowl to Angelo Mathews, who you can get 9/1 on to be top innings tunscorer with TwatBet.Com, the UK's favourite online Betting company......."

Last edited:

They did Pakistan away in '01 iirc. Jack Bannister was on and as much as I like him he wasn't very good. The rest was trash too as you'd expect.

Something like the away Bangladesh ODI's a couple of years ago iirc.

It'll be f***ing horrendous. Adverts will fill the time inbetween overs, which is usually when TMS is at its best with interesting anecdotes or jokes.

Oh and what's worse, you'll get some prick like Mark Saggers commentating and it'll go something like this:

"Ben Stokes coming in to bowl to Angelo Mathews, who you can get 9/1 on to be top innings tunscorer with TwatBet.Com, the UK's favourite online Betting company......."
About 10 to 15 years ago they had a full tour (can't seem to find any record of it) but I distinctly remember Atherton anchoring the coverage and yes Jack Bannister was one of the other presenters.

It may of been accounting software or weirdly porter cabin rental as the main sponsor at the time.

Harmison has done a few cricket phone ins on TS2 so would imagine him and Goughy leading the charge. Sounds ominous.

Back