Talking to the Rangers fan at work

Its not a dig at Tony at all, he did well but his ceiling is where we are now . We seem to have hit an eddy as far as the youth pushing on and we're looking very one dimensional , it either works or it doesnt for Tony . Beale does seem far less personable than Tony but then again who isnt . Maybe we need a bit more hard expectation to make next level, some will take to it, the odd one will wilt

If he beats the mags it will get him 2 months , if he gets us promoted it will get him till next Christmas.
aye and if he loses the next 4/5 he'll not see the clocks change

Beale is f***ing shite !! Cheap option by kld . Absolute farce. Start badly tomorrow and it will snowball to complete discontent from fans . Kld needs to spend in Jan as well simple as that!!

Just listened to the Price of Football pod’s Pat Nevin interview about his CEO time at Motherwell. When you think you have a (football) plan, politics and finance as well as personalities get in the way. Might have been the case a bit at Rangers.
We might be Beale’s redemption story
Hope so…..

Some managers work at clubs, the majority don't.

Might aswell see how he goes instead of pissing the bed at every opportunity now.
Exactly. Moyes' win rate was 18.6% with us over 43 matches yet he is at 47.06% over 204 matches with WH. Circumstances matter.

I have about half a dozen Rangers fans that work for me and have had a number of conversations over the past few days regarding Mr Beale. The general view is that he may have been thrown under the bus, a bit, at Rangers and he was just plain old unlucky that he was up against Postecoglu and if someone like Lennon or Rodgers was at the helm at Celtic, he'd probably have won the league. This might be some cause for optimism.
Bloody hell we're they his fluffers.

That's the sort of shite Beale himself came out with. Said Ange was lucky :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell we're they his fluffers.

That's the sort of shite Beale himself came out with. Said Ange was lucky :lol: :lol:
To be fair, Michael Beale's comments re. Ange being lucky were based around his (Ange) having a bigger pile of cash to invest on players than He (Beale) had.

On a slightly different note, there seem to be a fair few people who are almost willing Beale to fail as a means of vindicating their perceptions of the wider club. I'm not sure that these are founded on rationale, rather than vitriol.

Last edited:
I have about half a dozen Rangers fans that work for me and have had a number of conversations over the past few days regarding Mr Beale. The general view is that he may have been thrown under the bus, a bit, at Rangers and he was just plain old unlucky that he was up against Postecoglu and if someone like Lennon or Rodgers was at the helm at Celtic, he'd probably have won the league. This might be some cause for optimism.
Your last point is just Scottish football for you - if Celtic were crap rangers would win the league - this isn’t an achievement 🤣

Gerrard also won the league there then failed spectacularly at real football.

To be fair, Michael Beale's comments re. Ange being lucky were based around his (Ange) having a bigger pile of cash to invest on players than He (Beale) had.

On a slightly different note, there seem to be a fair few people who are almost willing Beale to fail as a means of vindicating their perceptions of the wider club. I'm not sure that these are founded on rationale, rather than vitriol.
I totally agree on this point mind. I think it’s as bad an appointment as anyone, but it’s done now so we need to judge him on his own merits

Your last point is just Scottish football for you - if Celtic were crap rangers would win the league - this isn’t an achievement 🤣

Gerrard also won the league there then failed spectacularly at real football.
I think the point is that there is a difference between losing a race to an elite athlete and losing a race to Big Dave from down the pub after he's had a few beers and a kebab.

Celtic recruited well year on year and sold players on for big profits that's not luck. It's just the sort of bloke Beale is though an arrogant gobshite, things were never his fault.

But yeah Rangers did not do what Celtic did(again shit running of football club not luck)and Beale managed to piss/freeze out some of the only saleable assets they had in the previous 5 years in Kent,Morelos and Kamara.

Beale also spent the same sort of money Ange did in the summer on the likes of Dessers, Lammers and Danilo. Of which the first two under him and until recently some of the biggest donkeys rangers fans have seen in a while.

Beale is an absolutely prick of a man I hope he does a good job. Never going to like or sing his name.

I’m not convinced there are any elite athletes in Scottish football terms
You've never seen Daizen Maeda play then.

I've never seen a better footballer without the ball. He's rapid and it's like he's done 5g of coke before kick off. Absolutely relentless pressing and harrying the opposition, like a DM but he's a winger.

f***ing horrendous with the ball and why's he's at Celtic :lol:

Last edited:

Back