Talking to the Rangers fan at work

Windypants

Winger
I have about half a dozen Rangers fans that work for me and have had a number of conversations over the past few days regarding Mr Beale. The general view is that he may have been thrown under the bus, a bit, at Rangers and he was just plain old unlucky that he was up against Postecoglu and if someone like Lennon or Rodgers was at the helm at Celtic, he'd probably have won the league. This might be some cause for optimism.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have about half a dozen Rangers fans that work for me and have had a number of conversations over the past few days regarding Mr Beale. The general view is that he may have been thrown under the bus, a bit, at Rangers and he was just plain old unlucky that he was up against Postecoglu and if someone like Lennon or Rodgers was at the helm at Celtic, he'd probably have won the league. This might be some cause for optimism.
Reported.

Here’s a text I got from a rangers ST holder

So maybe they don’t all think the same

hopefully, just in the interest of looking for a glimmer of positivity, it might work out better due to him not having any real input into transfers or other management stuff, and he can just concentrate on coaching as it sounds like he's highly regarded in that sense

we can't really comment on his tactics as it depends what players were are at his disposal at Rangers, but i can't see him changing it too much from how mowbray and dodds have had us set up, as thats what the squad lends itself to. he needs to find a way of making the team play to allow strikers to score goals

Some managers work at clubs, the majority don't.

Might aswell see how he goes instead of pissing the bed at every opportunity now.

Biggest issue he now has is fans will be far less patient than if they/we got someone we would've been happier with. If he doesn't hit the ground running the fans will be on everyone's back far quicker, especially his, Speakman and KLD's

Hey Boss, theyre just blowing sunshine up yer backside boss.

hopefully, just in the interest of looking for a glimmer of positivity, it might work out better due to him not having any real input into transfers or other management stuff, and he can just concentrate on coaching as it sounds like he's highly regarded in that sense

we can't really comment on his tactics as it depends what players were are at his disposal at Rangers, but i can't see him changing it too much from how mowbray and dodds have had us set up, as thats what the squad lends itself to. he needs to find a way of making the team play to allow strikers to score goals
Don't disagree but he needs someone to give him a striker first.

All the lads at work think he's a twat (I live and work in Glasgow).
Who'd have thought that there would be a spectrum of opinion? I'm not sure that it's massively relevant, but, most of my guys are season ticket holders / regular Rangers games attendees. I've just checked the league results for when Beale took over... W19, D2, L2 in the league.

Who'd have thought that there would be a spectrum of opinion? I'm not sure that it's massively relevant, but, most of my guys are season ticket holders / regular Rangers games attendees. I've just checked the league results for when Beale took over... W19, D2, L2 in the league.
They were 9 points behind when he took over and they finished 7 points behind, very decent first season in the league.

Dont doubt he was way short of the mark, in to big a job , with too large a span at Rangers .
Weve hired him as coach only to make young players that have already shown massive glimpses into the finished article .
You dont get trusted by Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers and South American teams to do similar if youre shit at it .
I think hes probably learned a lot about what not to do and made mistakes on someone elses dollar.
As long as the structure around him works for bringing the right ones in, and managing their issues outside performance he should be near enough and a step up on old Tote.
Ive been foaming like the rest but gradually thinking about it , how sure are we that the likes of Will Still would fit with a club of our size ? Hes done well but with small clubs in open leagues, how would he have took to the simultaneous expectation and moderation he would experience here , he couldnt just wing it . In a back handed way Beale is a big club man , knows the pace & processes having been chewed up by them once .
Lets see, i dont think we're ever going to love him but we might love his players

Back