Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think there’s a bit lost in translation from Bob’s remarks about there being “no takeover” talks.

As far as I understand it, he’s saying the 74% that Donald owns being sold to someone else wouldn’t constitute a “takeover”. Whereas a lot of other people (myself included) would.

Either way, there are 100% talks ongoing. Whether they come off or not I don’t know. So let’s all chill out and keep our fingers crossed that we’re soon rid of the con man!

Agree. Anyone who seriously wants a top PL club can spend £300m-400m on someone like West Ham or the Mags,then spend many more millions undoing what's not working with them and then spending even more many millions putting it right.......or......they can spend 10% of that and set up the management infrastructure from its' currently extremely poor,non-expensive base,and then invest wisely and patiently in the academy and the players to improve towards the ultimate objective. We present a great opportunity to anyone with the vision.....all the infrastructure is there for top PL status,certainly as good as most PL clubs, and much easier,and cheaper, to rebuild and get things right outside the PL than it is when you're in there and getting hammered every week.

You've been eavesdropping on my conversations in the pub. Very articulate and succinct summary of the situation. You watching Bob?

I think there’s a bit lost in translation from Bob’s remarks about there being “no takeover” talks.

As far as I understand it, he’s saying the 74% that Donald owns being sold to someone else wouldn’t constitute a “takeover”. Whereas a lot of other people (myself included) would.

Either way, there are 100% talks ongoing. Whether they come off or not I don’t know. So let’s all chill out and keep our fingers crossed that we’re soon rid of the con man!

There's no way in the world that can be considered as anything other than a takeover - as you say. It's absolutely a takeover. Pretty sure @Grumpy Old Man will confirm.

Bain was brought in to cost cut and work with a zero budget
He caused chaos at Rangers and was/still is almost universally despised amongst their support.
Apart from the stuff referred to previously, he organised a ridiculous friendly against Celtic to celebrate 20 years of the SoL which no one wanted as people were pissed off at our gutless relegation and everyone knew there'd be bother with most of our lot shunning it-to then show his lack of common sense, nay utter stupidity, he invited the Lisbon Lions onto our pitch but had invited no one of any significance from the last twenty years at the SoL such as the managers and players from the Reid and Keane era's, and, incredibly [whatever you think of him] the man who oversaw the construction of the SoL, Bob Murray, who was hurt at not being invited but not suprised by all accounts. We ended up with an embarrassing 0-5 defeat, fighting on the streets, and a day to forget.
You say he operated with a zero budget. He oversaw Moyes spend the best part of £30 million on McNair, Love, Djilobodji, Ndong and Oviedo. The guy was an absolutely appalling appointment and came across like an Alan Partridege/David Brent hybrid on STID 1, a series which highlighted his vanity completely with his AOL swimming pool clip and array of expensive watches a slap in the face to supporters who watched SAFC in horror under his 'guidance'.

Yes but you said he did a good job of cutting costs. He didnt cut that fairly obvious one.
I said he was brought in to cut costs
He caused chaos at Rangers and was/still is almost universally despised amongst their support.
Apart from the stuff referred to previously, he organised a ridiculous friendly against Celtic to celebrate 20 years of the SoL which no one wanted as people were pissed off at our gutless relegation and everyone knew there'd be bother with most of our lot shunning it-to then show his lack of common sense, nay utter stupidity, he invited the Lisbon Lions onto our pitch but had invited no one of any significance from the last twenty years at the SoL such as the managers and players from the Reid and Keane era's, and, incredibly [whatever you think of him] the man who oversaw the construction of the SoL, Bob Murray, who was hurt at not being invited but not suprised by all accounts. We ended up with an embarrassing 0-5 defeat, fighting on the streets, and a day to forget.
You say he operated with a zero budget. He oversaw Moyes spend the best part of £30 million on McNair, Love, Djilobodji, Ndong and Oviedo. The guy was an absolutely appalling appointment and came across like an Alan Partridege/David Brent hybrid on STID 1, a series which highlighted his vanity completely with his AOL swimming pool clip and array of expensive watches a slap in the face to supporters who watched SAFC in horror under his 'guidance'.
Never
Never said he did a good job, just saying he was in to reduce costs as we were losing shits loads of money

Last edited:

Bobs a fuck with you head twat, with a shitload of sock puppet accounts.
His games Not new ... WUM.
bout time people start waking up to his bullshit

Last edited:
There's no way in the world that can be considered as anything other than a takeover - as you say. It's absolutely a takeover. Pretty sure @Grumpy Old Man will confirm.

Aye, I mean technically if Madrox own us now and Madrox still owns us afterwards then you could try and argue that it's not a takeover even if all the people who own Madrox have changed. But then I'm sure Ellis Short bought Drumaville, and everyone accepted that was a takeover! Regardless of the technicalities, if Donald currently is the main person with shares in the club, and afterwards he's gone and someone else has his shares, then it's a takeover.

I don't give a fuck what company name technically holds the shares, I care about who the person is who ultimately runs us, whether they have plans, ambition, funds, that kind of stuff.

Why on earth would any think buying out the majority shareholder of a club who holds 74% is not a takeover?

Also he has covered all bases so he will be right somehwere

By plant pots are you referring to the playing staff
If my memory serves me correctly, it was Tony Davison that commented about spending , again, if irc correctly, £1250 a month on potted plants in the stadium offices, restaurant's and foyer per month. A legacy from the PL days.. that Bain didn't cut that cost off. TD was the one who binned them.

Yeah but you can't say you have no concept of how long it takes to buy a club and also think that it's a bad sign it's taking this long. This might be no time at all, it might be lightyears. Likewise how long it took Donald (which we don't actually know) might have been quick, might've taken ages. Without a concept, it's difficult to say one way or the other.

Also, we don't know the start point for this, so we don't actually know how long they've already had.

Or if it's still ongoing at all. The club itself hasn't said anything about a sale in process, Just a local reporter and a few people on here who's stories are all different.

Like I said, just my feeling mate. I'll be over the moon to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back