Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t arguing it isn’t a takeover I was explaining why he’s saying it.

Ah, fair enough, sorry! I just think its baffling why he's doing it! I mean, we could go from potless, clueless Donald with 74% to a billionaire, evidently very savvy businessman like Fuhrman having 74% and some would argue its not a takeover even though the entire club, the mood of the fans and the potential for us to progress into the championship and beyond would have rocketed. Saying there's no takeover suggests there's nothing happening, or nothing to look forward to. If the above does happen it would be huge for the club regardless of what technicality might prevent it officially being a "takeover".

Or if it's still ongoing at all. The club itself hasn't said anything about a sale in process, Just a local reporter and a few people on here who's stories are all different.

Like I said, just my feeling mate. I'll be over the moon to be wrong.

Hi mate. It's 100% still ongoing. Whether it's successful or not, I have no idea. But yesterday a current Director of the club confirmed to someone I know that there's still talks happening. We've just got to hope Donald's ego and Methven's obsession with us being "fully funded and debt free", the absolute tool, doesn't get in the way.

Hi mate. It's 100% still ongoing. Whether it's successful or not, I have no idea. But yesterday a current Director of the club confirmed to someone I know that there's still talks happening. We've just got to hope Donald's ego and Methven's obsession with us being "fully funded and debt free", the absolute tool, doesn't get in the way.

Is it not a bit further along from talks mate? I was hoping a bit less talk and more action by now. I'll keep my fingers crossed tho.

Bobs never denied there isn’t talks.What he is alluding to is the direction they where heading and are now heading.

Donald's ego is massively getting the way...has been for months.

This is what Magnus had to say about it today.

" I’ve had two different people tell me it’s at the EFL, if that’s wrong so be it, but I’m confident it’s not "

Lets hope he's right
Bobs never denied there isn’t talks.What he is alluding to is the direction they where heading and are now heading.

He's explicitly messaged me to say all the Glen Fuhrman stuff is just rumour and the sale of Donald's shares are a "mile off". So lets all hope he's wrong ey

Last edited:
With the new salary cap he won't. We'll turnover more cash than we're able to spend. Donald's plan from day 1 appears to be to make us a sustainable league 1 club. This cap helps that.

Not for a couple of seasons. Our wage bill at the moment is way over the cap on the cost of existing contracts, and we have very little current income. We're probably losing £1-1.5m/month at the moment.

I am fully in the camp something is happening. We would 100% of appointed a chairman otherwise

Noticed Magnus has said previously the new regime want to appoint a big name chairman

Love the confidence mate. I'm still scarred from a year ago when I was winding my Leicester supporting mate up that we were soon going to be able to buy their entire club for fun. That went well
Aye he said this last week over the road, when someone mentioned Marwood he liked the comment then removed it later.
I would be over the moon with that appointment.

That's dream stuff. Marwood in as Chairman, exciting new manager in with Philips on the coaching team and a couple of last minute transfers who tear the division apart.

Anyway, NURSE

Last edited:
Someone buying our holding company is a takeover of the club, there is no room for interpretation.

Would still be interested if it is Furhman as to why he's so determined to haggle on relatively small costs in the grand scheme of things when it delays a takeover that he needs to get done asap.

There's a time and a place for this fabled billionaire frugality and it's not when it will potentially cost you a year in order to save a small fraction of your total investment.

That makes me wonder if it's not someone to whom losing £5m is a much bigger deal.

Someone buying our holding company is a takeover of the club, there is no room for interpretation.

Would still be interested if it is Furhman as to why he's so determined to haggle on relatively small costs in the grand scheme of things when it delays a takeover that he needs to get done asap.

There's a time and a place for this fabled billionaire frugality and it's not when it will potentially cost you a year in order to save a small fraction of your total investment.

That makes me wonder if it's not someone to whom losing £5m is a much bigger deal.

IF its him, then time is on his side and its SD that has a problem. He’ll know that and rich successful businessmen don’t get there by overpaying.

saying that, i’ve never been convinced its anything to do with him. We’ll see

Agree. Anyone who seriously wants a top PL club can spend £300m-400m on someone like West Ham or the Mags,then spend many more millions undoing what's not working with them and then spending even more many millions putting it right.......or......they can spend 10% of that and set up the management infrastructure from its' currently extremely poor,non-expensive base,and then invest wisely and patiently in the academy and the players to improve towards the ultimate objective. We present a great opportunity to anyone with the vision.....all the infrastructure is there for top PL status,certainly as good as most PL clubs, and much easier,and cheaper, to rebuild and get things right outside the PL than it is when you're in there and getting hammered every week.

Problem is the championship. It's an absolute financial chasm.

I have no idea why redbull dont buy us. They could loan us the players to get us promoted whilst increasing their asset value. Once promoted they could make an absolute fortune from player training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back