Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methven probably knows him and maybe asked if they could leak his name to the British media as no harm will come of it, other than discouraging a few plebs from cancelling their direct debits.
CM the one spreading the story of that there is little doubt, he can’t lie straight in bed, that one.

If he told me it was sunny outside, I would put a raincoat on 😉

I mean, fyi the Echo are within their rights to report on the report, but when people say 'the Echo now saying its a partial takeover' they should probably be aware that it's literally an analysis of the Express article and no new info.

Also 'partial takeover' is as mentioned, is just garbage newspaper terminology.

If someone buys the majority stake in the club from the existing shareholders, it's a takeover even if the old gang stay on board at lower %. This is exactly what we have assumed would happen for some time anyway.
Understand that but what does the echo say, and given echoman is a link to the echo what’s his take, first hand so to speak.

one other thing, whilst I agree the echo article takes it from the express, we don’t know that as a fact, they may have had their own briefing, or have an independent source, so we can’t state that As fact. I believe they’ve simply regurgitated it but neither you nor I know that as a fact.

agree on this partial takeover bullshit as well, wtf is a partial takeover, it’s either a takeover or it’s not.

Sunderland Echo reporting that we re in talks with an American group in relation to a PARTIAL investment...

SD will simply not let this club go !!! Same issues as previously, sees this club as his cash cow..,
If they are investing £30m, there'll not be an awful lot left for SD.

Why do we think it's this Saputo?

No mention anywhere of him being involved and he isn't American based
It was a very random post saying its him with no follow up. Guy does have some potential links to Satori so might be some sense in the rumour but thats all it is. Issue is as you say he is not American however may be doing it though an American business, consortium

It was a very random post saying its him with no follow up. Guy does have some potential links to Satori so might be some sense in the rumour but thats all it is. Issue is as you say he is not American however may be doing it though an American business, consortium

If there is anything in it, it’s not inconceivable to get ‘American’ mixed up with ‘North American’ which includes Canada. Or someone lazy assuming he is American based.

If there is anything in it, it’s not inconceivable to get ‘American’ mixed up with ‘North American’ which includes Canada. Or someone lazy assuming he is American based.
It could be someone from South America also.

There is a theory that the name 'America' actually originates from a tribute to a Bristol merchant who financed many early expeditions called Merick. So it might be a bloke from Bristol... 😉

It could be someone from South America also.

There is a theory that the name 'America' actually originates from a tribute to a Bristol merchant who financed many early expeditions called Merick. So it might be a bloke from Bristol... 😉
Archie Leach under CDA? He's said nowt on Twitter

Surely it would be an immediate show of weakness if you bought a majority stake in a club and allowed people who are hated by everyone but Bob and PW to retain any interest in it. Surely you’d do your research and see quite clearly that fans don’t want Donald and Methvan anywhere near the club. Can’t see any successful businessman/consortium taking us over without anything other than a clean slate. Dark forces at play again here for me with season ticket payments just around the corner.

Surely it would be an immediate show of weakness if you bought a majority stake in a club and allowed people who are hated by everyone but Bob and PW to retain any interest in it. Surely you’d do your research and see quite clearly that fans don’t want Donald and Methvan anywhere near the club. Can’t see any successful businessman/consortium taking us over without anything other than a clean slate. Dark forces at play again here for me with season ticket payments just around the corner.
Any new ownership that allows the lamentable Donald and Methven to have a say in the running of the club is probably not an owner we want.

I haven’t read much of this thread, so forgive me if this comment has been made before,

any major business people would not be in their right mind to buy the club with the uncertainty that COVID brings. Talk of the Big Picture, not even sure if the season can be complete, etc. I would not expect any buyout, if any, until the situation is more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back