Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

So basically once again Stewart Donald will be staying on despite selling.

It happened once before. He said he was resigning as Chairman yet here he still is the Chairman of Sunderland AFC.

What will it take to shift that charlatan?
He stepped down as Chairman and we are yet to fill the vacancy

Didn’t NB say originally at due diligence would not be an issue for the prospective buyer, suggesting that they had previously had some sort of access to the books?? Could it now A different buyer?

Didn’t NB say originally at due diligence would not be an issue for the prospective buyer, suggesting that they had previously had some sort of access to the books?? Could it now A different buyer?

According to Rodwell theres only ever been one party in exclusivity and access to the data room which runs true with what NB said......not been a problem doesnt necessarily mean they havent been in the data room before but it doesnt make sense if they are a new buyer and not FPP or JS taking the majority of shares

Does the fact that this fella is Canadian not contradict all the "American Buyer" stories. It's like saying there will be an English buyer and a Scotch one rolling up,

Sunderland Echo reporting that we re in talks with an American group in relation to a PARTIAL investment...

SD will simply not let this club go !!! Same issues as previously, sees this club as his cash cow..,
Think it's best to take no notice at all to anything that's said by anyone. There'll be very few people that know precisely what's happening and they'll not be letting on in public. Wait and see.

Does the fact that this fella is Canadian not contradict all the "American Buyer" stories. It's like saying there will be an English buyer and a Scotch one rolling up,
Depends whether it’s him as an individual or an American company which he owns and is using to purchase shares? If it’s him of course.

It's pretty frustrating that the Star/Express tiny page filler has generated an Echo speculation article, and people are now thinking that the Echo has in any way corroborated that story or has new info.

All of this still stems from a bloke who said the same thing a month ago. As much as I want it to be true, I'm not really sure how much validity there is either to that or the name we have?

It's pretty frustrating that the Star/Express tiny page filler has generated an Echo speculation article, and people are now thinking that the Echo has in any way corroborated that story or has new info.

All of this still stems from a bloke who said the same thing a month ago. As much as I want it to be true, I'm not really sure how much validity there is either to that or the name we have?
It is just dribble after dribble of misinformation.

What do you say @EchoMan

the same complications would affect any purchase at the moment. The two that have gone through involved very different considerations; Wigan were sold out of administration, which is always a knockdown price compared to a going concern, and Charlton had a myriad of other complications. As far as I know, we're the only club up for sale which will be attractive to a prospective owner who's more than simply content to pootle along at their current level or thereabouts.
If you got a spare £100m lying around I agree, there is a price to buy us, but there also a much higher cost to get close to sorting out our first team and Academy out, which needs probably even more importantly than money, good people with a good structure in place.

What do you say @EchoMan

I mean, fyi the Echo are within their rights to report on the report, but when people say 'the Echo now saying its a partial takeover' they should probably be aware that it's literally an analysis of the Express article and no new info.

Also 'partial takeover' is as mentioned, is just garbage newspaper terminology.

If someone buys the majority stake in the club from the existing shareholders, it's a takeover even if the old gang stay on board at lower %. This is exactly what we have assumed would happen for some time anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back