Takeover in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t have to be liquid assets though does it?, just that he could access that amount of money?. I’m guessing someone worth ex amount of money he is would have access via means to £50m needed.

Think it was reported he had to show he had the funds not assets, might be wrong though

Nee wonder Stewart donald has fucked off from twitter and most billionaires wouldn't touch us with a barge pole

We as a group of fans are amongst the worst in the country for making shit up and for some bizzare reason want to think the worst of our owners :oops::oops::oops::oops:
It’s not all fans mate. It’s mainly on here as far as I can tell. Which leads me to thinking that someone somewhere is launching stuff in this direction knowing it will gain traction. I’d like to think that this will be cleared up eventually one way or the other however I suspect it may well drag on as it’s easy to make allegations or post innuendo on social media. If the owners have been up to no good then they’ll eventually be held to account. If they haven’t then hopefully they’ll just get on with picking the club up off it’s arse. They’ve done a good job of digging the place out and providing communication channels I’ve never seen before in 46 years of support. I think I’ll just be patient and see how it pans out.

and we missed out on promotion dumb nuts, in fact the latter half of the season we were shite and few more weeks we wouldn't have even made the play offs

"Numb Nuts" :lol: not heard that in years, quality.

Anyway, aye we did but I'm still not convinced that was down to last summers transfer dealings mind. We should have gone up with the team we had, but we go again this year with a much more settled squad. Additions will come...

The question is whether they are willing to put their own funds into the club going forward. That remains to be seen

They're probably unlikely to only be able to do that slightly, hence looking for investment. Of course everyone simply thinks they're in it to make a quick buck and they might, but people never stop to think just how much we were losing at the time they took over and they had to take that on and only look at how cheap the club was. if they hadn't been so hard on finances first season and been more like Martin Bains relaxed way of 'cutting' costs they might already be sitting on a 20m loss.

Donald himself has constantly said he's unable to bank roll us and that he could only sustain say 20m losses for a season or so if it happened. I know the purchase of the club and how it was done has some worried bit it's early days and people need to calm the fuck down.

unfortunately as well as the genuinely concerned fans some of the constantly negative are all over this and it's getting out of control on here.

Last edited:
I've certainly got my doubts in some areas, but suggesting they just scrambled 12m together because that's all they could muster and rather than simply thats how they've made it work is madness. had they not had more money available then we probably wouldn't have got through the early part of last summer and they simply wouldn't have got hold of the club.
How much of their own money did they pump into the running of the club mate?

How much of their own money did they pump into the running of the club mate?
How much is the club losing on a weekly basis? Probably that much I’d guess. Otherwise our debt would be going up instead of down. Just a shot in the dark like. Same as all the others on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much was Short putting in before he sold us? Wasn't it something like £500,000.00 a week to cover losses?

Even with all the cost cutting, our cost base without the Parachute Payments are to high for our income

How much was Short putting in before he sold us? Wasn't it something like £500,000.00 a week to cover losses?

Even with all the cost cutting, our cost base without the Parachute Payments are to high for our income

Great news though the difference is only £10m now rather than £26m. We've got until this time next year to get as close to parity as possible.

I could afford to buy a Ferrari if it was heavily discounted.
But we are not talking about a Ferrari, more like a second hand Cortina mk1, pretty average in its prime, and despite a few respray jobs over the years, is now in drastic need of a new engine, extensive bodywork fixing, and four new tires

It’s not all fans mate. It’s mainly on here as far as I can tell. Which leads me to thinking that someone somewhere is launching stuff in this direction knowing it will gain traction. I’d like to think that this will be cleared up eventually one way or the other however I suspect it may well drag on as it’s easy to make allegations or post innuendo on social media. If the owners have been up to no good then they’ll eventually be held to account. If they haven’t then hopefully they’ll just get on with picking the club up off it’s arse. They’ve done a good job of digging the place out and providing communication channels I’ve never seen before in 46 years of support. I think I’ll just be patient and see how it pans out.

This past week has been rediculous.

We've had new accounts appear and immediately post like they've been here for years, saying stuff like "the fans have a right to know what's going on" and "the fans need to ask the the right questions".

Within an hour of one account joining it stalked GOM, made contact via threads and a PM, then offered to send him confidential info about the club so he could release it to the public because 'he was respected'.

The threads we've had since the minutes have been bizarre as well, they're littered with old accounts that barely post, ignoring information and facts and constantly posting the same crap.

This place has been effing bizarre.

At what stage of the transfer window did we pay money for a player last season? It was late I'm sure.

All panic over fuck all from the usual suspects.
We signed O'Nien and Baldwin at the start of the window. It's a new thing to say clubs work on free transfers first. You can discuss a move with a free agent in the last few months of his contract. It's easier to sign a free agent because we don't have to deal with a club. But plenty of clubs discuss transfer all the time. You don't have to wait until July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back