T20 World Cup Squad

Well it was him or Liam Dawson as the bowling option in the travelling reserves

Is Liam Dawson gonna play instead of Moeen or Rashid?

He's still out in Oman/UAE after all.

no but why not take Parkinson or someone

why not have them option

we have so many medium paced seamers there
Sure India have selected 5 spinners which is a good indication of what pitches they will be preparing

well one side has got it wrong haven’t they? Can’t both be right

if Rashid gets injured on the morning of a game we have no back up. Peculiar no?

Last edited:

Sure India have selected 5 spinners which is a good indication of what pitches they will be preparing
Isn't the tournament in the UAE? So India won't be preparing the wickets (outside of BCCI/ICB conspiracy theories)

why not have them option

if Rashid gets injured on the morning of a game we have no back up. Peculiar no?
I'd have Parkinson ahead of Dawson, the archetypal jack of all trades English cricket so loves

India are still the official hosts

Ah interesting, never twigged that.
Isn't the tournament in the UAE? So India won't be preparing the wickets (outside of BCCI/ICB conspiracy theories)

I'd have Parkinson ahead of Dawson, the archetypal jack of all trades English cricket so loves

Not both though? I agree on Dawson but I\d also have him there ahead of Tom Curran for example

We just dont have a plan B

I dont watch the IPL, but I watched some of 1 game in a bar and the wicket spun and looked really really slow

I couldnt work out how our squad had been picked based on that, but am sure they know a lot more than me

Last edited:

They’d still have some say as hosts. If its anything like the ipl there’s going to be lots of low scoring games

Ah interesting, never twigged that.

Not both though? I agree on Dawson but I\d also have him there ahead of Tom Curran for example

We just dont have a plan B

I dont watch the IPL, but I watched some of 1 game in a bar and the wicket spun and looked really really slow

I couldnt work out how our squad had been picked based on that, but am sure they know a lot more than me
I just don't rate Dawson to be honest, Mo, Rashid and Parkinson should be enough. I'd rather have Root than Dawson even setting aside how much more Root would offer with the bat

why not have them option

It is the obsession with bowlers who can bat a bit. Totally agree we needed another frontline spinner. I suspect they will claim Ali and Livingstone would do a job between them if Rashid missed a game.

Can't wait for the usual tossers to come out with the "TC is only selected because he plays for Surrey" shite 🤡

I wouldn’t go that for but he’s mates with Morgan and he wouldn’t get picked if he played for Leicester in my opinion

he’s just not international standard, decent cricketer but that’s it.

I wouldn’t go that for but he’s mates with Morgan and he wouldn’t get picked if he played for Leicester in my opinion

he’s just not international standard, decent cricketer but that’s it.
I don't think he warrants being in the squad, but there's some gimps that think us and the ECB are in bed and it's the only reason anyone from Surrey gets selected. Absolute clowns

I don't think he warrants being in the squad, but there's some gimps that think us and the ECB are in bed and it's the only reason anyone from Surrey gets selected. Absolute clowns

well maybe I’m a clown. I don’t think they’re in bed with them at all but there is no doubt runs or wickets for surrey gets more media attention than runs for Durham for example. It’s why Stoneman and borthwick went there,

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but Curran benefits playing for surrey , it’s just more high profile

I thought that the opposite was true as Surrey and ECB are hardly the best of mates

I thought that the opposite was true as Surrey and ECB are hardly the best of mates
I had this exact argument in another thread. Anyone who truly knows even the first thing about English cricket knows that. However there are some on here with a chip on their shoulder who truly believe us and the ECB are in cahoots, which is incredible

Can't wait for the usual tossers to come out with the "TC is only selected because he plays for Surrey" shite 🤡
I know I have never understood that craic in both cricket and football, rightly or wrongly sides are picked solely to try and win games imo.

And nothing whatsoever to do with the club/county side they play for.

Last edited:
I know I have never understood that craic in both cricket and football, rightly or wrongly sides are picked solely to try and win games imo.

And nothing whatsoever to do with the club/county side they play for.
Rory Burns had to score 1,000 runs a season four years on the trot to even get a glimpse of playing for England.

Dom Sibley had to leave Surrey to have half a chance.

But sure, aye, "England only pick Surrey players" 🤡🤡

f***ing divs

Rory Burns had to score 1,000 runs a season four years on the trot to even get a glimpse of playing for England.

Dom Sibley had to leave Surrey to have half a chance.

But sure, aye, "England only pick Surrey players" 🤡🤡

f***ing divs
Bottom line is selectors/managers/captains are under immense pressure and spotlight to be successful and win games.

And are in the main judged entirely on results, so because of that it’s ludicrous that they would pick lesser talented players just beacuse they pay for a certain team.

They need to win games they under pressure to win games, so they simply pick the players who they think will do that for them.

Back