T20 World Cup Squad

:lol:

Not a problem. I know that when I replied all I meant was whichever player you were talking about, I wasn’t aware of their performance because I hadn’t watched any of it. Without ignoring your comment, I’m not sure how else I’m meant to say that.

But aye, it’s friday….I’m not here for an argument with a long standing decent poster. Enjoy your weekend
You too

Whichever way people look at it though a bowler performing well in it, is a good indication of whether he can perform in T20 internationals in the same way a bowler bowling well in the blast is.

I think T20 and the hundred are extremely similar so it makes sense to me that if somebody likes one of them they would like both

they aren’t though as I don’t have an interest in made up teams with random players

again that’s not out of protest, o genuinely just never fancied it

Agreed. I find it absolutely mental that Livingstone can play for Birmingham one week and Lancashire the next.

I genuinely can’t stand franchise cricket

absolutely this

the beauty of English sport is the history for me, we are unique around the world in that aspect

that’s my issue with the whole thing, I’m not bothered about how many balls are bowled, if it’s prioritized over red ball etc, I just don’t see the context of it.

maybe in the future I’ll see the odd game, I’m sure I will if it’s here for years,

I read the score cards just to see who was in form. Your point about Livingstone is a very good one, good example

absolutely this

the beauty of English sport is the history for me, we are unique around the world in that aspect

that’s my issue with the whole thing, I’m not bothered about how many balls are bowled, if it’s prioritized over red ball etc, I just don’t see the context of it.

maybe in the future I’ll see the odd game, I’m sure I will if it’s here for years,

I read the score cards just to see who was in form. Your point about Livingstone is a very good one, good example
It’s a bit like Phil Foden playing for Man City one week, then the Southern Goalhangers the next, followed by Rio Kickballers in the winter and then Sydney Australians

it’s just nonsense. Bedingham getting called up for the final kind of summed it up to me

they aren’t though as I don’t have an interest in made up teams with random players

again that’s not out of protest, o genuinely just never fancied it
Personally when you have two teams of quality cricketers playing shorter formats and exciting games and finishes in both the blast and the hundred don’t see much difference and appreciate both.

Maybe that is because I want to watch for the quality of cricket and not necessarily support a certain team granted.

But I do find it contradictory on here at times, how some posters (not yourself) will appreciate a great game of T20 but a very similar great game of the hundred they don’t!!

At the end of the day quality cricket is quality cricket whether that quality cricket is the blast or the hundred in fact this year it was practically the same players.
It’s a bit like Phil Foden playing for Man City one week, then the Southern Goalhangers the next, followed by Rio Kickballers in the winter and then Sydney Australians

it’s just nonsense. Bedingham getting called up for the final kind of summed it up to me
Bedingham getting called up was absolutely nonsense fully agree but that not exclusive on down to the hundred.

Ashwin played just one game for Surrey against Somerset this season and if Somerset lost that game would not have moved into Division One so same principle applies.

Players have been brought in for T20 finals day as well.

All 3 of them are shocking but it’s not down to the hundred

Last edited:
Personally when you have two teams of quality cricketers playing shorter formats and exciting games and finishes in both the blast and the hundred don’t see much difference and appreciate both.

Maybe that is because I want to watch for the quality of cricket and not necessarily support a certain team granted.

But I do find it contradictory on here at times, how some posters (not yourself) will appreciate a great game of T20 but a very similar great game of the hundred they don’t!!

At the end of the day quality cricket is quality cricket whether that quality cricket is the blast or the hundred in fact this year it was practically the same players.
The quality is the same, but I’ll repeat until I’m blue in the face

6 ball overs is part of cricket (I know before you start)
f***ing the counties is bullshit
It’s just more franchise nonsense, I barely know (or care) who plays for whom anymore

Bedingham getting called up was absolutely nonsense fully agree but that not exclusive on down to the hundred.

Ashwin played just one game for Surrey against Somerset this season and if Somerset lost that game would not have moved into Division One so same principle applies.

Players have been brought in for T20 finals day as well.

All 3 of them are shocking but it’s not down to the hundred

Its not contradicatory at all, I've just explained

Its just 2 made up teams with random players

How cant you get the difference of Lancashire having lads like Mahmood and Livinstone in the fabric of the club since they were kids. Theres context when teams like that are succesful

Are you telling me watching Durham win a one day cup with a team full of local lads a few years ago is no different than Northern Superchargers winning something with a load of random players?

So theres so much difference its untrue

Its not just about entertainment, I'd go down the circus if I wanted that mate.

Fair enough you like it, not knocking you, but your post here makes no sense no offence

The quality is the same, but I’ll repeat until I’m blue in the face

6 ball overs is part of cricket (I know before you start)
f***ing the counties is bullshit
It’s just more franchise nonsense, I barely know (or care) who plays for whom anymore
Well that’s fair enough it’s comes down to what you find entertaining, I find both entertaining as they is only 20 balls difffence played by the same players.
Its not contradicatory at all, I've just explained

Its just 2 made up teams with random players

How cant you get the difference of Lancashire having lads like Mahmood and Livinstone in the fabric of the club since they were kids. Theres context when teams like that are succesful

Are you telling me watching Durham win a one day cup with a team full of local lads a few years ago is no different than Northern Superchargers winning something with a load of random players?

So theres so much difference its untrue

Its not just about entertainment, I'd go down the circus if I wanted that mate.

Fair enough you like it, not knocking you, but your post here makes no sense no offence
That’s a different argument though will of course I can see and agree will annoy some people

What I am saying is two quality games of cricket are two quality games of cricket.

Whatever the format, just because players have moved clubs and are called a different name surely a good game of cricket is a good game cricket

Last edited:
Well that’s fair enough it’s comes down to what you find entertaining, I find both entertaining as they is only 20 balls difffence played by the same players.

That’s a different argument though will of course I can see and agree will annoy some people

What I am saying is two quality games of cricket are two quality games of cricket.

Whatever the format, just because players have moved clubs and are called a different name surely a good game of cricket is a good game cricket

It does for me like. How much cricket do you want me to watch like?

I dont mind the odd T20, but I dont need more of it like, seen enough 6s to last a lifetime

When there is nothing riding on sport I find it completely pointless personally.

It does for me like. How much cricket do you want me to watch like?

I dont mind the odd T20, but I dont need more of it like, seen enough 6s to last a lifetime

When there is nothing riding on sport I find it completely pointless personally.
Well yeah that’s fine,I myself think they should be only one shorter format whether T20 or The Hundred as think you right too much shorter formats games are too much and not good for cricket in this country.

I am merely saying a good game of T20 is entertaining and a good game of the 100 is entertaining.

Surely you can’t say one is good and one bad simply because of the name of the team!!

When the quality on show is the same and the players the same!

Well yeah that’s fine,I myself think they should be only one shorter format whether T20 or The Hundred as think you right too much shorter formats games are too much and not good for cricket in this country.

I am merely saying a good game of T20 is entertaining and a good game of the 100 is entertaining.

Surely you can’t say one is good and one bad simply because of the name of the team!!

When the quality on show is the same and the players the same!

I'm not saying that, but if the quality is just the same, then whats the point of it?

Anyway I was just making the point that I didnt watch not out of protest just because it genuinely didnt interest me.

I'm not saying that, but if the quality is just the same, then whats the point of it?

Anyway I was just making the point that I didnt watch not out of protest just because it genuinely didnt interest me.
I am just making the point that quality cricket and entertaining cricket is soo whatever the format and whatever the players.

I could stumble across a club game of cricket where I don’t know the players and don’t know the name of the sides.

But if that game of cricket is good and exciting I would enjoy it and furthermore think you would too been a cricket fan.

Isn’t doesn’t make it a good game if they called Oldham and a bad game if they called Oldham Superchargers!!

And that’s similar with the hundred if it is a good and exciting game I will say so as I will with the blast.

I am not going to find a angle to criticize a good game of cricket just because of a name or the fact it has a couple of very slight differences.

Last edited:
Tom Curran must have something on the selectors like. He has been utter garbage
Well it was him or Liam Dawson as the bowling option in the travelling reserves
I can’t understand the logic

topley now reserve

none of them the same bowlers

they just don’t fancy spin do they

he’s good mates with Morgan
Is Liam Dawson gonna play instead of Moeen or Rashid?

He's still out in Oman/UAE after all.

Last edited:

Back