T20 World Cup Squad

Cool. If that’s the list I’ll counter with the following test players

T Curran
Ansari
Roy
Batty
A Hollioake (I’ll allow B Hollioake for potential)

and Dernbach for white ball pies.
Surely the fact Roy was picked for test cricket was due to his form and success in international white ball cricket at the time and had nothing to do in the slightest with the county he played for?

It was clearly a wrong decision picking him for tests but it was for the above reasons and nothing else

Last edited:
well maybe I’m a clown. I don’t think they’re in bed with them at all but there is no doubt runs or wickets for surrey gets more media attention than runs for Durham for example. It’s why Stoneman and borthwick went there,

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but Curran benefits playing for surrey , it’s just more high profile
Be totally misquided to think that anyone other than Eion Morgan determines who's in England white ball squads and it's obviously an advantage, albeit minimal, if you play for the home counties because of the media attention it brings regarding test selection.
Surrey are by far the wealthiest of the counties and ECB, or more specifically Graves, got their fingers badly burnt when they tried to bully Surrey over their opposition to the Hundred. I believe ECB are very wary of Surrey's influence and will be more inclined to look more favourably on requests from them than one from less fashionable counties.
If that makes me a clown in the mnd of a certain poster I think I can live with it.

Last edited:

I can’t describe how much I dislike Tim Paine

he’s so far below test level it’s untrue, and he knows this, so to make up for it he acts like the worst Aussie possible to appease the crowds

what an absolute tosser. Worst thing is when they win he will get credit

you could literally put any grade level wicket keeper in that side, make him captain, and they’d still win.

he’s so far below test level it’s untrue, and he knows this, so to make up for it he acts like the worst Aussie possible to appease the crowds

what an absolute tosser. Worst thing is when they win he will get credit

you could literally put any grade level wicket keeper in that side, make him captain, and they’d still win.

Meant to put it in the Ashes thread like 😂

what an absolute tosser. Worst thing is when they win he will get credit.

Tim Paine is to the Australian side is what Steven Taylor was to the mags - knows he’s not good enough on the field so plays up to idiots in the crowd / media to try and get some support in the bank

Back