T20 Semi Final England v India Adelaide 08:00

All 3 are good and top class Hales, Buttler and Bairstow.

Stats are of course a guide but Buttler imo is the best, all 3 can score very quickly but Buttler the best at assessing pitches/conditions etc and the game situation.

I would say Buttler is the best T20 player we have ever had never mind just best one now.
I would include Roy before his chronic loss of form, many times he literally crushed the opposition within a few overs.

I would include Roy before his chronic loss of form, many times he literally crushed the opposition within a few overs.
Yeah but as said above Roy better at 50 overs.

A telling barometer and factor for me has always selection for the IPL, Bairstow, Hales and Roy been in and out of sides or even not selected initially, where Buttler first name on team sheets and absolute superstar in that competition.

Imo he is clearly rated more highly than the other 3.

All 3 are good and top class Hales, Buttler and Bairstow.

Stats are of course a guide but Buttler imo is the best, all 3 can score very quickly but Buttler the best at assessing pitches/conditions etc and the game situation.

I would say Buttler is the best T20 player we have ever had never mind just best one now.

T20 ate

Bairstow our best 50 over player ever
Yeah but as said above Roy better at 50 overs.

A telling barometer and factor for me has always selection for the IPL, Bairstow, Hales and Roy been in and out of sides or even not selected initially, where Buttler first name on team sheets and absolute superstar in that competition.

Imo he is clearly rated more highly than the other 3.

In t20

I honestly don’t think people realise YJB opening record in 50

It’s pretty much the best of all time in any country
Wood to play is the crack

Last edited:
This tournament has definitely shown what a f***ing idiot Morgan was for putting his feud with Hales ahead of the team and completely ignoring him. IMO he's an even better white ball batsman than Butter (and that's no dig at Jos)! Hales is absolutely class
Tbf did it do us any harm opening with Roy and Bairstow for years?
Any weather reports yet?
Forecast looks better but still good chance of rain

Last edited:
Right time to change plan, understand logic in power play to get ahead of the game.

But now lost 2 wickets rotate the strike loads of twos on this big field and small score to chase

Finishing off the day with a bit of Indian baiting. We're now level with them on trophies won in my book as the Champions Trophy isn't a proper one. Of course they're not having it one bit :lol:

Back