T20 Semi Final England v India Adelaide 08:00

On nights, shift finishes at 8am, so hopefully can find a pub showing it really close to work.
Will be 8pm to my jet lagged body :D

Have to say how low key this tournament has been mind, I literally don't know anyone (bar here) who is barely aware of it.
Where do you live, mate?🤔
I wonder if Key and Strauss will be at the final? Trying to convince others of their preferred format

we could very well go into next summer as champions in both formats, which it appears they want to sideline for a format no other country is interested in playing but apparently is what has to be played in peak summer in England
They are also sidelining the Ashes Tests in peak summer (ie August), so they can concentrate on the 16.4 😕. It's shocking.

Last edited:
A final at 8am on a Monday morning would be absolutely shite mind. Unless you're retired or one of those "home workers"
Thats me sorted then :)
Picked up a set of keys for the PO Club the neet. I'll be opening up at half seven on Sunday and putting a free full English on for anyone who turns up. :cool:
Bugger, wish I lived down there
I wish the camera people would stop focussing in on absolute helmets making twats of themselves in the crowd

Last edited:
Where do you live, mate?🤔

They are also sidelining the Ashes Tests in peak summer (ie August), so they can concentrate on the 16.4 😕. It's shocking.
It will be looked back as a complete failure. The best v the best argument doesn’t stack up when players leave half way through to play in the Caribbean T20 tournament

no other country looks like adopting it.

england could well be world champs in formats the FTECB is actively trying to ruin

England are the greatest white ball side in the world

Anyone can win this tournament and format and Pakistan might turn us over, I wouldn’t begrudge them that, love them. But over a full season we’d easy win.

I’d fancy we’d have another XI who would get to the final

It proves 2 things for me, there’s not much wrong with our county game, these lads grew up in the blast, it’s an unreal competition that gives lads in all the regions of the country game time in packed stadiums from a young age, the blast is also one of the most aggressive cricket tournaments played, nobody plays like india did really, all young English cricketers attack, even before 2015 they did, that’s why Roy, Hales and co were ready to go

Secondly, the negativity surrounding the performances of our teams is mad, I don’t think people realise how good we are and how many class cricketers we have across all formats,

Test side shows that it just takes the right management, captaincy and selection and we have our best summer since 2004.

I still see so much negativity online about England, I just don’t get it

Anyone can win this tournament and format and Pakistan might turn us over, I wouldn’t begrudge them that, love them. But over a full season we’d easy win.

It proves 2 things for me, there’s not much wrong with our county game, these lads grew up in the blast, it’s an unreal competition that gives lads in all the regions of the country game time in packed stadiums from a young age, the blast is also one of the most aggressive cricket tournaments played, nobody plays like india did really, all young English cricketers attack, even before 2015 they did, that’s why Roy, Hales and co were ready to go

Secondly, the negativity surrounding the performances of our teams is mad, I don’t think people realise how good we are and how many class cricketers we have across all formats,

Test side shows that it just takes the right management, captaincy and selection and we have our best summer since 2004.

We won 6/7 out of 7 tests this summer we in a World Cup final, and best of all in both formats we playing a exciting entertaining brand of cricket.

It’s brilliant to watch and enjoy, but you right too much negativity around I don’t get it either.

In the summer our white ball side was getting a lot of unfair criticism they deserved more respect and loyalty imo, because there were always going to come good with the talent available

Last edited:

Hope you're staying off the other forums until Sunday lunchtime

This tournament has definitely shown what a f***ing idiot Morgan was for putting his feud with Hales ahead of the team and completely ignoring him. IMO he's an even better white ball batsman than Butter (and that's no dig at Jos)! Hales is absolutely class

This tournament has definitely shown what a f***ing idiot Morgan was for putting his feud with Hales ahead of the team and completely ignoring him. IMO he's an even better white ball batsman than Butter (and that's no dig at Jos)! Hales is absolutely class

Bairstow is our best every white ball opener like, the stats prove it.

His record openign in 50 over cricket, average, strike rate and 100s, is unmatched by any player in history.

thats not hyperbole either just pure stats.

Agree on Morgan, top captain but he almost had too much power in the end. Hales should have been selected and Morgan told to do his job and captain him.

Not sure why we stuck with Roy so long..he is a top 50 over opener but not a great t20 one

Last edited:
All 3 are good and top class Hales, Buttler and Bairstow.

Stats are of course a guide but Buttler imo is the best, all 3 can score very quickly but Buttler the best at assessing pitches/conditions etc and the game situation.

I would say Buttler is the best T20 player we have ever had never mind just best one now.

Back