T20 Blast Durham v Notts

We had lost I reckon by then but maybe I like having leg spin option bowling, lees can replace Raine up the order hopefully that will improve us

Is lees fit soon
26 off 12 wasn’t lost at that stage. Only took a few hits to get us right in it. Basically what we needed against Leicester. The 19th killed us and the 3 dots

My problem isn't with having a leg spinner, it's with having a leg spinner with no confidence to bowl himself and not put himself higher in the order despite being considered international quality a few years ago.

Last edited:
Well quite enjoyed that tonight Notts deserved their win and Hales and Duckett batting in those middle overs was excellent. As far as Durham goes I thought they looked the most athletic Durham team I have seen and even with their obvious weakness they look like an improving side.
On one individual player I hope Trevaskis is not being pidgeon holed as a one day cricketer watching him batting and bowling tonight makes the on loan signing of the lad from Warwickshire even more baffling.
My problem isn't with having a leg spinner, it's with having a leg spinner with no confidence to bowl himself and not put himself higher in the order despite being considered international quality a few years ago.
It's not his decision he is not the captain.

Good effort in the end but the ongoing lack of meaningful contributions with the bat by Raine,Bancroft,Burnham and the cowardice of club captain even to bat makes it very hard on the other lads.
Yet again Durham’s inability to handle the mid overs by the slower bowlers by their batters proves a turning point
Brave last ditch efforts by Trev,Coggers and Carse wasn’t quite enough after failures up the order other than good and excellent efforts by Clark and Bedingham

You keep saying this. Borthwick is NOT the Captain, or the Coach !!

It needed steady heads from 3,4,5 when Clark went. Openers had given us a great platform and we could have afforded 4 or 5 overs after the powerplay of just knocking the singles for 7 or 8 an over and keeping wickets in hand.
It wasn’t a bad effort but the game management could have been better yet again.

Good effort in the end but the ongoing lack of meaningful contributions with the bat by Raine,Bancroft,Burnham and the cowardice of club captain even to bat makes it very hard on the other lads.
Yet again Durham’s inability to handle the mid overs by the slower bowlers by their batters proves a turning point
Brave last ditch efforts by Trev,Coggers and Carse wasn’t quite enough after failures up the order other than good and excellent efforts by Clark and Bedingham
Your whole argument totally lacks credibility when you aren't aware that Borthwick's batting and bowling participation was not his decision. Can't believe that a regular contributor like yourself isn't aware who the T20 captain is.

Wasn’t too disappointed with that defeat tonight. Notts were the better team and we were never really in the game. There were a couple of glimmers of hope but they didn’t come to anything. I would have been furious if we had lost to Leicestershire on Sunday but tonight it was a different story against a far better team. In fact I thought Notts were going to get in the region of 230 so didn’t think 195 was too bad a total to chase. Some good individual performances as well so not all doom and gloom.

No team is going to win every game, so happy with 2/3 so far, especially as that includes Yorkshire! That said we need our middle order to learn to bat with cool heads, there’s too much Corporal Jones going on! Such a shame after such a brilliant start from Bedingham and Clark. We’ve still got Yorkshire and Lancashire to come this week, so need to learn fast!

Your whole argument totally lacks credibility when you aren't aware that Borthwick's batting and bowling participation was not his decision. Can't believe that a regular contributor like yourself isn't aware who the T20 captain is.
Dear Sir I am aware that Bancroft is 20/20 captain
But I do think you are wrong that the overall club captain and major batter doesn’t have any input in the composition and line up of the side.
So if we all follow your logic one over by Borthwick is deemed to be an acceptable contribution.
On that logic and basis alone using your logic he surely shouldn’t even be in the starting eleven

Dear Sir I am aware that Bancroft is 20/20 captain
But I do think you are wrong that the overall club captain and major batter doesn’t have any input in the composition and line up of the side.
So if we all follow your logic one over by Borthwick is deemed to be an acceptable contribution.
On that logic and basis alone using your logic he surely shouldn’t even be in the starting eleven
Not so sure he should be but that's just my opinion. He's Durham through and through despite his sojourn to Surrey but to me he's an excellent no3 and slip fielder in 4 day cricket and that's it.

It needed steady heads from 3,4,5 when Clark went. Openers had given us a great platform and we could have afforded 4 or 5 overs after the powerplay of just knocking the singles for 7 or 8 an over and keeping wickets in hand.
It wasn’t a bad effort but the game management could have been better yet again.
Out of curiosity why do you support Durham not Lancs?
Middle overs has been a problem for years. As long as I've been following the team

Last edited:
Out of curiosity why do you support Durham not Lancs?
I've been exiled in the North East since the 70s mate, Lancashire will always be my 'county' but I gave up my Lancashire membership after my old man passed away in 1993. Durham is my 'home county' now for watching first class cricket.
In a similar vein I had a season ticket at Man Utd from 1967 to 2005 but it doesn't stop me suffering plenty of Sunderland home games during normal non covid times. As you get older I just think you lose some of that 'tribalism' and are just happy to watch live sport and support local teams.
Tomorrow night will definitely be mixed loyalties though :eek:

Back