T20 Blast Durham v Notts

Anyone going?
Making a rare appearance at an evening T20 game. Just read the protocol on the Durham Twitter feed sounds like a military exercise compared to the championship match.
I would imagine if all fit pretty much the same team with one batting position up for grabs.
Two wins out if two but hopefully they have had a little chat about the batting in the middle overs of their innings.
Potts and Trevaskis outstanding again with Raine fast becoming our most durable one day players.

Making a rare appearance at an evening T20 game. Just read the protocol on the Durham Twitter feed sounds like a military exercise compared to the championship match.
On Friday it wasnt as bad as it sounds. In the Trapdoor there were designated Exit Only and Entrance Only staircases with plenty of stewards in attendance. I left my seat with an over to go and, like many others, watched Raine's final over standing in between the Trapdoor and the small stand next to the sight screen to get a quick getaway.:eek:

I do realise however that if we are recognised tonight we may be paraded around the boundary during the interval with someone ringing a bell shouting, "SHAME!! SHAME!!" while The Magistrate and his Deckchair Casuals lob discarded egg and tomato sarnies and thermos flasks full of hot tea at us.:eek::D

I would imagine if all fit pretty much the same team with one batting position up for grabs.
Two wins out if two but hopefully they have had a little chat about the batting in the middle overs of their innings.
Potts and Trevaskis outstanding again with Raine fast becoming our most durable one day players.

Trust me it's all very relaxed at the ground, I guess the club have to produce such protocol documentation for ticky box purposes but when in the ground it's absolutely spot on

Aye, will be there. Just sat in the Don Robson for the Yorkshire match but may venture elsewhere for a change of scenery tonight. Maybe try the County Durham stand. What's this 'Trapdoor' stand you speak of?
The big stand with the blue seats next to the old scoreboard. The seating was originally used for the 2012 London Olympics (specifically the Beach Volleyball :D). In 2017 during an England vs Windies T20 at Ch Le St a section of the stand gave way causing an unfortunate lady to break her leg.

Not sure but I think @Twisted may have come up with the nickname.🤔Since then it has very rarely been used (one CC game and Yorks T20 and three World Cup matches in 2019) and the only reason it's being used now is social distancing and increasing the ground capacity. It remains my favourite place to watch the cricket but its future remains somewhat uncertain.

You’d barely think there were any restrictions in place based on Friday. The sticky wicket weren’t doing table service, so people were buying drinks at the bar under instruction from them. Which was a bit odd as I’m pretty sure that isn’t allowed.

Back