Swearing at the match

Mag as fuck you

If it’s not disagreeing with everyone about referees performances it’s defending NUFC players and ownership

Today it’s having a go at supporters behaviour.
Don’t think I have ever defended their ownership find them completely vile.

Just making the point that I think imo that people go to footballers matches with the intention to enjoy themselves and support their team.

And if they want to fulfill something they have always dreamed off, i.e taking their son or daughter to the match, I personally find that much more understandable then somebody saying I want to go to a match to vent and swear all match.

Just a opinion if that ok with you?

More of a general observation of all football fans at all games, nowt to do with Newcastle, Sunderland or refs

Last edited:

Once it’s fully a family affair that’ll be it for me

Why does everything now have to be for families. Happening to pubs as well

Cant there be any adult spaces with adult language and themes?

What are the "adult themes"? Shouting abuse at players? Pissing in sinks? 🤷

I'm not sure adult language will go away though, might be less aimed at players mind, and there are varying levels of adult language, I don't think anyone wants to be around people swearing all the time.

Always gonna happen at Football. My daughter (14, no!) hears it every home game in the North Stand. She knows what happens at football, stays at football but im sure she also hears it in the playground too -nothing I can do there!

As long as she aint repeating it in front (or towards) then that fine.. cant say the same when's she out and about with her pals

Obvs, some words (Lee Howey, Lee Howey, Lee Howey, Ya Brother is a .....) being worse then Sh*te, IMO

Last edited:
Class isn't it? 😂

I now mentally sing a little chorus of Pulp's "you'll never live like common people" whenever I see his name. I am childish like 😊

Blue Velvet in Newcastle?
Canny little bar
I don't like hearing the C word at the match.

I've used it plenty in regular parlance with the lads, but I think it's a bit beyond the pale at the football.

I can't remember if it was last season or the season before, but there was a young lad a few seats along behind me who'd come out with some of the most vile abuse for our players every match. It was constant. I mean, I lose me rag when we do stupid things and I'll shout an obscenity or two, but this was ridiculous. "Ya soft c'#ts" n all kinds. I snapped one day and shut the little spenk up. Barely heard from him the rest of the season, and they obviously didn't renew their seat.

Thing is, I think he attended with his da, who just sat there and let him get on with it.
Hard as nails you mate.

Nowt new this like. Clock stand paddocks , fulwell end in the 80’s as a kid just the same. Loved it.

Never had a problem taking my son when he was a kid, he probably swore twice as bad with his marras. I did as kid ans all me mates when Bairns.

Btw. Family closure is off limits. Rest of stadium within reason. A few twats, cocks, curnts, fucks, minge, wanker, pricks in the heat of a match. Gonna happen

Last edited:
Im more worried about my 11 year old now signing Jimmys in a box in a box jimmys in a box after the Coventry game. He doesn’t have a clue what it means btw, thanks South Stand!

I never say shit fck or cnt in front of the bairns. I'd defo pull someone up for excessive expletives in front of my kids.

But I assume you’d not take them in the south stand at the SOL or down the pub with the lads. There’s a time and place.
Couldn’t agree more.
I would have thought if someone is worried about their kids being exposed to foul language , the last place they should take them is a football match.

This basically

Last edited:
Im more worried about my 11 year old now signing Jimmys in a box in a box jimmys in a box after the Coventry game. He doesn’t have a clue what it means btw, thanks South Stand!
You’ve got to teach them the history of the club young though, got to know who have turned us over through the years…

Back