Suzy Lamplugh - Criminal Justice System

Aituk7

Striker
New police search for Suzy Lamplugh body

Just reading the BBC article on this poor lass who it is near guaranteed was murdered back in the 80's.

I didn't know about the story till today, she died before I was born.

But just looking at who the police blamed....

"Three days before Suzy's disappearance, John Cannan was released from Wormwood Scrubs Prison, where he had been serving a six-year sentence for rape.

He bore a strong resemblance to an e-fit of the abductor and, according to reports, was nicknamed Kipper while serving his earlier sentence.

Now aged 64, in 1989 he was jailed for life for the abduction and murder of Bristol newlywed Shirley Banks and two further rapes."

So it is proven this guy committed a murder and a rape atleast once after release for a prior rape and it is suspected he committed more.

I saw something similar in a story recently that was discussed on this board.

I can't be the only one who thinks that once your mind has gone so far as to commit rape, it should be life imprisonment without parole?

He did aye, but should his initial terms of imprisonment been a whole life tariff? That's how I'm reading the part of the OP that I quoted.
Wouldn't have mattered if he'd got 5 years or 30 years since he got a retrial anyway and was initially locked up regardless because he was found guilty at his first trial

The police have a lot to answer to on this case, they'd been to Cannan's mams previously after a tip off about the patio (don't think they dug there), and now another tip off about the garage at the back of the property with an inspection pit that was concreted up by Cannan not long after Suzy's disappearance...........now they decide to dig, if she's found there i'll be relieved for the family but fuming they didn't consider the possibility she could have been buried in his mams back garden ffs.

The police have a lot to answer to on this case, they'd been to Cannan's mams previously after a tip off about the patio (don't think they dug there), and now another tip off about the garage at the back of the property with an inspection pit that was concreted up by Cannan not long after Suzy's disappearance...........now they decide to dig, if she's found there i'll be relieved for the family but fuming they didn't consider the possibility she could have been buried in his mams back garden ffs.
I saw an interview with the lad detective at that time, and he said they questioned his mother, but didn't dig because they had nothing to say he may have buried anything/one at the property.

This case and the one where the lass was stabbed to death on Wimbledon Common in front of her kid are the ones that stick with me. Might just be my perception but both cases were London so got massive TV and newspaper attention

I saw an interview with the lad detective at that time, and he said they questioned his mother, but didn't dig because they had nothing to say he may have buried anything/one at the property.
I would have brought in a search team regardless.

This case and the one where the lass was stabbed to death on Wimbledon Common in front of her kid are the ones that stick with me. Might just be my perception but both cases were London so got massive TV and newspaper attention
Robert Napper killed Rachel Nickel, he also went on to murder Samantha Bisset and her daughter while the police were trying to fit up Colin Stagg.

Last edited:

under what power, did the police have to enter the property and search. In order to get a warrant, it has to be more than a hunch.

there must of been not info to arrest, so would have to reply on consent.

Due to the damage that will be caused, I suspect that would be refused

heard somewhere though that they searched the front garden, but that if true must have been the area they were told.

Robert Napper killed Rachel Nickel, he also went on to murder Samantha Bisset and her daughter while the police were trying to fit up Colin Stagg.

The search has to be lawful. Not allowed to just go in a search somebodys garden.

if anything is found in an illegal search, it cannot be used in evidence.

Last edited:
under what power, did the police have to enter the property and search. In order to get a warrant, it has to be more than a hunch.

there must of been not info to arrest, so would have to reply on consent.

Due to the damage that will be caused, I suspect that would be refused

heard somewhere though that they searched the front garden, but that if true must have been the area they were told.

The search has to be lawful. Not allowed to just go in a search somebodys garden.

if anything is found in an illegal search, it cannot be used in evidence.

They were told via a prison tip off about the patio 15 years ago, they searched the garden but didn't bother with the patio or the cemented in garage. He lived there with his mam quite a bit, he was already in jail for raping and murdering Shirley Banks. It was strongly believed JC was Mr Kipper, he owned a BMW that matched the description of a car she may have been abducted in that he later got a private number plate SLP86 or summat, the creepy fuck.
The search wasn't illegal / was lawful, JC's mam let them search the back garden, they just didn't want the hassle of excavation (they could have at the very least done a sonar check).

They were told via a prison tip off about the patio 15 years ago, they searched the garden but didn't bother with the patio or the cemented in garage. He lived there with his mam quite a bit, he was already in jail for raping and murdering Shirley Banks. It was strongly believed JC was Mr Kipper, he owned a BMW that matched the description of a car she may have been abducted in that he later got a private number plate SLP86 or summat, the creepy fuck.

The search wasn't illegal / was lawful, JC's mam let them search the back garden, they just didn't want the hassle of excavation (they could have at the very least done a sonar check).

how good is that tip off. how do the authorities know its authenticity

previous jail is irrelevant. Need accurate information

strongly believed, is not fact. how many bmw's would match the description

may have been abducted is not fact

He obviously is a creep, but may have done that to taunt, doesn't make him the killer.

we don't know the conditions of search. may have been, you can have a look but no damage

I am not saying you are wrong, but I am sure the legal brains would have looked at it, in order to get a search warrant, but were turned down by somebody

a lot of information will not have been disclosed by the police

:lol::lol::lol:

He obviously is a creep, but may have done that to taunt, doesn't make him the killer.

we don't know the conditions of search. may have been, you can have a look but no damage

I am not saying you are wrong, but I am sure the legal brains would have looked at it, in order to get a search warrant, but were turned down by somebody

No mate. The police simply have a lot to answer for. It’s their fault and simply not just a horribly unfair chain of events.

I hope they do find her body there, JC is an evil fucker who is going to be up for parole in a few years time.

:lol::lol::lol:

No mate. The police simply have a lot to answer for. It’s their fault and simply not just a horribly unfair chain of events.
Nothing funny about it, they should have done a thorough search years ago, not just a cautionary glance around the old dears' garden.

Back