Suzy Lamplugh - Criminal Justice System

The police have a lot to answer to on this case, they'd been to Cannan's mams previously after a tip off about the patio (don't think they dug there), and now another tip off about the garage at the back of the property with an inspection pit that was concreted up by Cannan not long after Suzy's disappearance...........now they decide to dig, if she's found there i'll be relieved for the family but fuming they didn't consider the possibility she could have been buried in his mams back garden ffs.
A lot of police are just lazy

The owner gave them permission to search, and I know prisoners tell porkie pies but some don't - maybe someone didn't like the fact that evil bastard had gotten away with murder and shared any jailhouse musings with the police. They're obviously not digging the gaff up for nowt now are they ? so either Cannan has confessed or someone else believes very strongly she's in there, strongly enough for the police to take some actual action this time.

Gave them permission to search what exactly? There might have been new intelligence recieved which then gives grounds to search new places, grounds which may not have existed at the time, can you understand how this works yet?

The longer this search drags out the less I think they have dug up Suzy Lamplugh.

To be honest, I think John Cannan is telling the truth, he has no reason to lie, he’s already doing a life stretch for the murder of Shirley Banks, killers normally like to confess when they are already doing a life sentance to big themselves up

The owner gave them permission to search, and I know prisoners tell porkie pies but some don't - maybe someone didn't like the fact that evil bastard had gotten away with murder and shared any jailhouse musings with the police. They're obviously not digging the gaff up for nowt now are they ? so either Cannan has confessed or someone else believes very strongly she's in there, strongly enough for the police to take some actual action this time.

It appears that they did. Would love to spend a day in your naive little world

Suzy Lamplugh: No evidence found in Sutton Coldfield body search No evidence found in Lamplugh body search

It appears that they did. Would love to spend a day in your naive little world

Suzy Lamplugh: No evidence found in Sutton Coldfield body search No evidence found in Lamplugh body search
Do you think Cannan was responsible ? It's her family I feel most sorry for, having their hopes dashed for resolution to their sisters disappearance. My world is very real fella, I'm not naive either thanks.

The longer this search drags out the less I think they have dug up Suzy Lamplugh.

To be honest, I think John Cannan is telling the truth, he has no reason to lie, he’s already doing a life stretch for the murder of Shirley Banks, killers normally like to confess when they are already doing a life sentance to big themselves up
Or he did do it, he knows they've not got enough evidence to charge him and he's looking forward to getting parole and being a free man.

Last edited:
Do you think Cannan was responsible ? It's her family I feel most sorry for, having their hopes dashed for resolution to their sisters disappearance. My world is very real fella, I'm not naive either thanks.

Or he did do it, he knows they've not got enough evidence to charge him and he's looking forward to getting parole and being a free man.

problem is LOP, is that it is not known who did this terrible deed.

history is littered with disasters of where conclusions have been jumped at or people have been accused because their face fits

cannan almost certainly is a horrible little person with the morals of an alley cat, but until we can get actual evidence against him, we need to keep an open mind.

personally I think it is to long a drive from London to Solihull, so much of a risk. Just as much of a risk to bury the body in your own back garden because that gives the final link which may convict him.

Makes much more sense for him (or the murderer), to bury the body in a very remote area. as long as the body is properly buried, could be there forever without being discovered. Take the moors murders for example.

I don’t know enough about the case to form an opinion. I certainly won’t be jumping to conclusions though, just because he is a vile man it doesn’t make him responsible for all the vile crimes that are outstanding. Luckily the police and justice system work on evidence rather than emotion.
Unfortunately you are naive, you said all sorts should be done because a prisoner said something. I pointed out that prisoners lie you seem to think they don’t and you were proven wrong

I don’t know enough about the case to form an opinion. I certainly won’t be jumping to conclusions though, just because he is a vile man it doesn’t make him responsible for all the vile crimes that are outstanding. Luckily the police and justice system work on evidence rather than emotion.
Unfortunately you are naive, you said all sorts should be done because a prisoner said something. I pointed out that prisoners lie you seem to think they don’t and you were proven wrong
I'm not naive, I noticed you gleefully posted about the case just to try and embarrass me, the info came from somewhere. A prisoner I was referring to gave info years ago yes, it wasn't acted on tbh.

I'm not naive, I noticed you gleefully posted about the case just to try and embarrass me, the info came from somewhere. A prisoner I was referring to gave info years ago yes, it wasn't acted on tbh.

Didn’t try to embarrass you at all, you done that yourself earlier in the thread.
One of the skills in investigations is not letting your emotions interfere with what you have in front of you.

Do you think he will ever get out? Surely the public outcry would be massive. Like that taxi rapist loser.

You would think he has a high chance of re-offending anyway.

Back