Suzy Lamplugh - Criminal Justice System

I hope they do find her body there, JC is an evil fucker who is going to be up for parole in a few years time.

Nothing funny about it, they should have done a thorough search years ago, not just a cautionary glance around the old dears' garden.

I don't disagree with you. It must be terrible for the family, just not knowing.

Ive just had a look around some articles and it transpires the new owners of the house moved in 1992 if the article is to believed.

The house is semi detached, so I am sure the neighbours would have been questioned.

The only hope is, that the new information is credible

The police have a lot to answer to on this case, they'd been to Cannan's mams previously after a tip off about the patio (don't think they dug there), and now another tip off about the garage at the back of the property with an inspection pit that was concreted up by Cannan not long after Suzy's disappearance...........now they decide to dig, if she's found there i'll be relieved for the family but fuming they didn't consider the possibility she could have been buried in his mams back garden ffs.
Sadly her mam and dad are now both dead but there legacy is the Suzie Lamplugh trust

They were told via a prison tip off about the patio 15 years ago, they searched the garden but didn't bother with the patio or the cemented in garage. He lived there with his mam quite a bit, he was already in jail for raping and murdering Shirley Banks. It was strongly believed JC was Mr Kipper, he owned a BMW that matched the description of a car she may have been abducted in that he later got a private number plate SLP86 or summat, the creepy fuck.
The search wasn't illegal / was lawful, JC's mam let them search the back garden, they just didn't want the hassle of excavation (they could have at the very least done a sonar check).
in 86? are you sure?

how good is that tip off. how do the authorities know its authenticity

previous jail is irrelevant. Need accurate information

strongly believed, is not fact. how many bmw's would match the description

may have been abducted is not fact

He obviously is a creep, but may have done that to taunt, doesn't make him the killer.

we don't know the conditions of search. may have been, you can have a look but no damage

I am not saying you are wrong, but I am sure the legal brains would have looked at it, in order to get a search warrant, but were turned down by somebody

a lot of information will not have been disclosed by the police

Said she was under the patio, not under the garage. The patio in the garden was a separate area (next to the back door) and Cannan's ma pulled out evidence that it had been laid ten years before SL disappeared.

They were told via a prison tip off about the patio 15 years ago, they searched the garden but didn't bother with the patio or the cemented in garage. He lived there with his mam quite a bit, he was already in jail for raping and murdering Shirley Banks. It was strongly believed JC was Mr Kipper, he owned a BMW that matched the description of a car she may have been abducted in that he later got a private number plate SLP86 or summat, the creepy fuck.
The search wasn't illegal / was lawful, JC's mam let them search the back garden, they just didn't want the hassle of excavation (they could have at the very least done a sonar check).

Ah one of the good old armchair detectives of the SMB, never mind about the legality of a search just do it anyway.
Tip offs from prisoners tend to not always be true, I hate to break it to you but some people in prison tell porkie pies.

This case and the one where the lass was stabbed to death on Wimbledon Common in front of her kid are the ones that stick with me. Might just be my perception but both cases were London so got massive TV and newspaper attention
More likely because they were very attractive girls who got killed for no reason at all.

Ugly blokes aren't so newsworthy. Nothing to do with it being London.

Said she was under the patio, not under the garage. The patio in the garden was a separate area (next to the back door) and Cannan's ma pulled out evidence that it had been laid ten years before SL disappeared.
I don't know, but would the theory of under the patio run alongside the brookside story line (1993) or was there another murder under the patio

Ah one of the good old armchair detectives of the SMB, never mind about the legality of a search just do it anyway.
Tip offs from prisoners tend to not always be true, I hate to break it to you but some people in prison tell porkie pies.
Aye and how many court cases have collapsed when the police didn't follow the correct protocols and the evidence found is inadmissable. Yous can't win.

The owner gave them permission to search, and I know prisoners tell porkie pies but some don't - maybe someone didn't like the fact that evil bastard had gotten away with murder and shared any jailhouse musings with the police. They're obviously not digging the gaff up for nowt now are they ? so either Cannan has confessed or someone else believes very strongly she's in there, strongly enough for the police to take some actual action this time.

The owner gave them permission to search, and I know prisoners tell porkie pies but some don't - maybe someone didn't like the fact that evil bastard had gotten away with murder and shared any jailhouse musings with the police. They're obviously not digging the gaff up for nowt now are they ? so either Cannan has confessed or someone else believes very strongly she's in there, strongly enough for the police to take some actual action this time.

don't believe all you read in a newspaper. they can change their ideas at the drop of a hat.

If cannan had confessed, the persons he confessed to would be straight onto their solicitor, to tell him and to try and get their jail time reduced, if he gave evidence.

initially said body under patio. now saying body in garage pit. How many other guesses.

There is something that definitely stirred up the hornets next, but we need to wait to find out

Back