Pope
Topley
Clarke
Burns - england
Patel
Sam Curran - England
Steel
Jacks

The above are 1st teamers for Surrey according to their website. That doesn't include academy players.

Interesting to note they have a 2nd XI game vs Kent scheduled for Monday, which appears to be on at the moment......... why can't they send those up to Durham instead?
Will be VERY interesting to see. If it is played I think Durham have a good case to claim maximum points and to hell with any average points!

You could just imagine the conversation between Durham and FTECB -

"We've got a player testing positive"

"Well take a replacement player. You've got a big squad. Who are you playing by the way?"

"Durham"

"Durham? Oh it's OK we'll call the match off"

" But what about the points?"

"Oh don't worry about that. We'll find some way of taking points off them".

Virdi
Foakes
Geddes
Mckerr
Moriarty
Batty
Atkinson
Amla
Dernbach
Taylor
Overton - england
Smith
Roy
Clark
Evans
Plunkett
Dunn
Kimber
Reifer
Pope
Topley
Clarke
Burns - england
Patel
Sam Curran - England
Steel
Jacks

The above are 1st teamers for Surrey according to their website. That doesn't include academy players.

Interesting to note they have a 2nd XI game vs Kent scheduled for Monday, which appears to be on at the moment......... why can't they send those up to Durham instead?
You missed Tom Curran !
Sorry for my lack of IT skills but there is an article on ESPN CRICINFO, dated 11th July 2021 with the headline

"Kent FORCED to pick new squad for Sussex fixture following positive covid test."

One player tested positive and he has played a T20 Blast fixture. The rest of the team had to self isolate.
The start was delayed 1 HOUR to "allow" them to pick a new squad !
They used 2nd team players and academy players to complete the fixture.

Last edited:
Perfect illustration of the sheer contempt that the ECB shows towards the County Championship and cricket followers.

Rest assured had Slurry been in the top group in this ridiculous format and challenging for the title the game would have gone ahead likewise if it was a T20 or Hundred game.

So that's now four home CC games the Durham supporters have been unable to watch this season.

You missed Tom Curran !
Sorry for my lack of IT skills but there is an article on ESPN CRICINFO, dated 11th July 2021 with the headline

"Kent FORCED to pick new squad for Sussex fixture following positive covid test."

One player tested positive and he has played a T20 Blast fixture. The rest of the team had to self isolate.
For some reason I thought Tom Curran had left. The whole situation is very much "can't be arsed" and as you point out, Kent were made to sort it out. Be very interesting to see if their 2nd xi game goes ahead

You missed Tom Curran !

I wouldn’t read too much into the word ‘forced’ in this article, much as i‘d like to. This doesn’t necessarily mean they were forced by the ECB. Maybe Kent themselves felt obliged to make the extra effort to fulfil the fixture and forced themselves. Either way it doesn’t appear that Surrey feel the same obligation.

Absolutely disgusting if considering the size of their squad that Surrey are not compelled to fulfil the fixture under the threat of conceding all the points to Durham.
If this does not happen it demonstrates the absolute ineptitude and bias of the ECB against the county championship and their quest to kill off the four day game.
I was hoping to get my last free pint and hot sandwich from the club that’s now been scuppered😩😩

Virdi
Foakes
Geddes
Mckerr
Moriarty
Batty
Atkinson
Amla
Dernbach
Taylor
Overton - england
Smith
Roy
Clark
Evans
Plunkett
Dunn
Kimber
Reifer
Pope
Topley
Clarke
Burns - england
Patel
Sam Curran - England
Steel
Jacks

One extra available there as the Overton on your list not with England.

A lot if complaints on social media from Surrey supporters who are now out of picket as they are not able to get refunds on hotel & transport costs to come up for the game.

If their 2nd XI game goes ahead the supporters should raise holy hell. I'll bet it'll be a decent line up for that game too.

A lot if complaints on social media from Surrey supporters who are now out of picket as they are not able to get refunds on hotel & transport costs to come up for the game.

If their 2nd XI game goes ahead the supporters should raise holy hell. I'll bet it'll be a decent line up for that game too.
Why were Surrey supporters picketing our game😊😊
We weren’t on strike
I know I am nit picking

Last edited:
Surrey had no choice really. Their supporters would have asked questions if this 2nd XI game went ahead. Ditto the ECB.

I suspect they could have put a side out for the 2nd XI game. If the reason was Covid why didn't they just announce it at the same time as the Durham match? In my opinion they've realised this would bite them on the arse and called it off last minute.

Back