Surrey game off

We currently have 4 points carried forward, Surrey have 13. That works well for us doesn’t it!? With just three games left our chances of improving our average are rather less than Surrey’s.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Surrey couldnt find 11 players from their huge squad. This stinks in my opinion.

There was a precedent set earlier this season when Kent had a "covid problem" on the morning of the first day of a 4 day game. Kent were told to get a team together and the start was delayed until they got 11 fit players. I believe they lost the game ??
Clearly ECB dance to Surrey's tune. They have the biggest playing squad in the Championship and, surely,could get 11 fit players !

I blame Entwhistle. He jinxed it by starting the match thread.
Well after the 2nd test match and now this you are definitely being nominated official match thread starter for the Ashes this winter. Its going to be difficult enough without me jinxing it.
Ah well that's my lot of cricket done for the season
Aye that's me done as well no more cricket till April.

Last edited:
Gutted to hear this, booked the Darlo premier inn for three nights for what will be our last game of the season, Can’t cancel at this late notice. (£197). Thinking of bombing the whole thing off but would appreciate a message boarder giving me a three day tourist itinerary for the area.

There was a precedent set earlier this season when Kent had a "covid problem" on the morning of the first day of a 4 day game. Kent were told to get a team together and the start was delayed until they got 11 fit players. I believe they lost the game ??
Clearly ECB dance to Surrey's tune. They have the biggest playing squad in the Championship and, surely,could get 11 fit players !
Absolutely this.

It’s utter bullshit that a team of Surrey players can’t be put together to travel up to Durham tomorrow. In comparison to the Kent situation, Surrey have an absolute age to get it sorted.

I bet they'd get a team together if they were challenging for the title.

Every cricket tournament except the Hundred seems to have had a game cancelled due to Covid. Odd that.
Aye the Northern Popchips had an outbreak but strangely their games still went ahead

Yes. Brook and Lyth tested positive and NONE of the Northern Superchargers games were called off.
But we all know why ...... £££££

I'm due back to work soon, the school kids will pass the virus around - but rules have changed due to doubled jabbed. I'm fine wit this - yet I would have thought all the cricketers are double jabbed ?

Virdi
Foakes
Geddes
Mckerr
Moriarty
Batty
Atkinson
Amla
Dernbach
Taylor
Overton - england
Smith
Roy
Clark
Evans
Plunkett
Dunn
Kimber
Reifer
Pope
Topley
Clarke
Burns - england
Patel
Sam Curran - England
Steel
Jacks

The above are 1st teamers for Surrey according to their website. That doesn't include academy players.

Interesting to note they have a 2nd XI game vs Kent scheduled for Monday, which appears to be on at the moment......... why can't they send those up to Durham instead?

Back