Supermarket Steaks.

• Thread starter Left Breathless
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Out of interest mate what stops you going to a butcher?
The fact that half of them use frozen meat they defrost the day before and put a crap seasonal marinade on...the rest over charge for good meat supplier that they have a long term relationship, that suddenly becoms a SUPER quality supplier when its on the counter. (Price isn't true to difference in quality)

Had a sainsburys over the counter rib eye in the freezer and called in to get one in asda as we fancied a steak sandwich for tea.

Always buy my beef from a farm but had no other choice.

I have to say she had the asda one and I had the sainsburys and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very good. Loads of marbling and very tender. I'd say it's as good if not better than most butchers around here.

I'd happily buy steaks from sainsburys now. Well done to sainsburys I say.

Asda, shite.
You should stick to being a music critic you scratastic idiot.

The fact that half of them use frozen meat they defrost the day before and put a crap seasonal marinade on...the rest over charge for good meat supplier that they have a long term relationship, that suddenly becoms a SUPER quality supplier when its on the counter. (Price isn't true to difference in quality)
Where have you got evidence of this like?

You should stick to being a music critic you scratastic idiot.
An internet troll joins an interesting thread. Ignore him people.

Tidied,. Remind me. Who the fuck are you again?
I'm the new breed of young and interesting posters. Goodbye 1970s denim waistcoat wearers. The likes of me are here to wave you and your kind off. You must be getting breathless in the deep water of threads over 3 pages long. Unchartered waters for you....gulp.

I've had my fingers burned myself which is why I use the farm I do. Plenty of shite butchers about.

Just quoted your post but it's not showing

I'm the new breed of young and interesting posters. Goodbye 1970s denim waistcoat wearers. The likes of me are here to wave you and your kind off. You must be getting breathless in the deep water of threads over 3 pages long. Unchartered waters for you....gulp.

I've had my fingers burned myself which is why I use the farm I do. Plenty of shite butchers about.

Just quoted your post but it's not showing
I was at 'said farm' yesterday. Oh, and fuck off Spug.

Used to get steaks from the local butchers shop but the quality went downhill. Just buy from Morrisons now, even better now you get points thingys.

Death to shit local traders I say.

Bit of a lottery supermarket steaks, had some really nice ones but had quite a few that I've given to the dog.

ALDI are selling Ostrich steaks if anyone is interested. My parents will be buying some today. For £4.99 it isn't a bad buy. And it is good for you as this article testifies to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-but-are-they-worth-tucking-into-9711321.html
Yeah I've had those. They're ok but I would prefer to have the choice of which sauce to have on it. The sauce it comes with is average.

I found they don't like being over cooked either, couple of minutes tops each side.

ALDI are selling Ostrich steaks if anyone is interested. My parents will be buying some today. For £4.99 it isn't a bad buy. And it is good for you as this article testifies to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-but-are-they-worth-tucking-into-9711321.html
Also got kangaroo steaks, venison and wild boar in.

I had a veal sirloin yesterday. Oh my Lord it was tasty. Young and tasty.
Tagged you in a post on the bargains thread yesterday. Got 16 pork cheeks for £3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back