Supermarket Steaks.

• Thread starter Left Breathless
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Taste The Difference 28 Day aged rib eyes are very good from Sainsburys.
These looked even better. Loads more fat marbling. Scottish and looked a higher grade of beef.

Those looked canny.

Brilliant this. I bemoaned the lack of a decent steak or shaving thread a week or so ago, then Tadger went off on one about them real razor things, and now this.

and fwiw I would never buy steak from Asda.
It was for the wife that one :lol:

How's that like?
Because they don't look appealing at all.

Well done for trying, it's amazing what you can find out when you do rather than just spout snobbery bollocks.

These looked even better. Loads more fat marbling. Scottish and looked a higher grade of beef.

Those looked canny.

It was for the wife that one :lol:

Because they don't look appealing at all.
They're nice for a cheap tea and taste as good as the sirloins that they sell in there for a tenner each.
Prefer a rib eye but who doesn't!

Well done for trying, it's amazing what you can find out when you do rather than just spout snobbery bollocks.
It was canny for a make do tbh.

They're nice for a cheap tea and taste as good as the sirloins that they sell in there for a tenner each.
Prefer a rib eye but who doesn't!
Aye I suppose for your tea it'll be alright.

Had a sainsburys over the counter rib eye in the freezer and called in to get one in asda as we fancied a steak sandwich for tea.

Always buy my beef from a farm but had no other choice.

I have to say she had the asda one and I had the sainsburys and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very good. Loads of marbling and very tender. I'd say it's as good if not better than most butchers around here.

I'd happily buy steaks from sainsburys now. Well done to sainsburys I say.

Asda, shite.
Atl last a Spug post thats agreeable.The last rib eye i got from Sainsburys was canny. I got it to try Hausers shooters sandwich infact. Asda`s meat is complete and utter chod to be honest.Much rather pay the extra few bob and go to the farmshop at least there you get the extra in meat at the end of cooking rather than salty water in the bottom of the roasting tin

Atl last a Spug post thats agreeable.The last rib eye i got from Sainsburys was canny. I got it to try Hausers shooters sandwich infact. Asda`s meat is complete and utter chod to be honest.Much rather pay the extra few bob and go to the farmshop at least there you get the extra in meat at the end of cooking rather than salty water in the bottom of the roasting tin
The water coming from the asda steak was ridiculous mind. I know I blabber on about this but it's the suppliers I'm against not the consumer. I love my food and I'd prefer a market which is bursting with good competetive produce. Good to see a supermarket selling good standard meat.

Asda do a trick when they pack in 2 for £7 steaks whereby one of the steaks will be spot on and the other is full of fat and you end up leaving a plate full of half chewed shite on your plate.

I always make sure she gets the shite one.....

Asda do a trick when they pack in 2 for £7 steaks whereby one of the steaks will be spot on and the other is full of fat and you end up leaving a plate full of half chewed shite on your plate.

Couldn't agree more with your last sentence the woman should always get the shit steak if any are. Saying that you should get your lazy arse out and buy some decent steaks rather than £7 for two asda jobbies.

Out of the cheaper shops Aldi tend to do much better beef than Lidl (unless you are gifted with really dodgy teeth that gets round the gristle naturally!) but lidl have better free range chickens.

Out of the cheaper shops Aldi tend to do much better beef than Lidl (unless you are gifted with really dodgy teeth that gets round the gristle naturally!) but lidl have better free range chickens.
Out of interest mate what stops you going to a butcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back