Supermarket Steaks.

• Thread starter Left Breathless
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Left Breathless

Had a sainsburys over the counter rib eye in the freezer and called in to get one in asda as we fancied a steak sandwich for tea.

Always buy my beef from a farm but had no other choice.

I have to say she had the asda one and I had the sainsburys and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very good. Loads of marbling and very tender. I'd say it's as good if not better than most butchers around here.

I'd happily buy steaks from sainsburys now. Well done to sainsburys I say.

Asda, shite.

Had a sainsburys over the counter rib eye in the freezer and called in to get one in asda as we fancied a steak sandwich for tea.

Always buy my beef from a farm but had no other choice.

I have to say she had the asda one and I had the sainsburys and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very good. Loads of marbling and very tender. I'd say it's as good if not better than most butchers around here.

I'd happily buy steaks from sainsburys now. Well done to sainsburys I say.

Asda, shite.
Aldi do canny rib eyes as well. Not ultimate top drawer like but decent for the money.

Aldi do canny rib eyes as well. Not ultimate top drawer like but decent for the money.
Funnily enough I looked at the the other day and thought they looked ok. Try these ones though you won't be disappointed. Not the ones in the beef aisle the ones in the butchers counter.

Marks and Spencer do two Flat Iron steaks for a fiver and they are delicious (the peppercorn sauce is lovely too ;))
As someone else said, the food snobs won't be happy but it's really nice.

A sirloin from a good butcher that will cut it in front of you is worth the extra money. And knowing which farm it's from!
I would agree but I've recently had my fingers burned with a local butcher. Not all of them are all they say. I'm in agreement with you.

Oh apart from the fact I'm a rib eye man.

Marks and Spencer do two Flat Iron steaks for a fiver and they are delicious (the peppercorn sauce is lovely too ;))
As someone else said, the food snobs won't be happy but it's really nice.
A dislike button would come in handy here.

Brilliant this. I bemoaned the lack of a decent steak or shaving thread a week or so ago, then Tadger went off on one about them real razor things, and now this.

and fwiw I would never buy steak from Asda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back