***|||+++Sunderland v Portsmouth - Match Day Thread+++|||***

feel we better team tbh, happy with our play but 2 schoolboy errors let you in, cant say you improved at all, 2 shots on target all game but goals means points i guess, confident we will be fine this season not impressed with your play at mo. emty seats?
We played well second half, you knocked the ball about better, got yer nowt though.

Christ, having a little pop at over 29k for a lunchtime KO in League 1 though :lol:

I have to say I agree with you. Our build up play was rubbish. Final ball was poor again. Our ball retention was not good. Our CM pairing doesn't work. Both of our goals were counter attack. We hardly ever troubled you in final 3rd, very poor build up play. I also wonder what JR is trying to do.

I'm delighted with the win but I feel we got away with that a bit. You certainly didn't do enough to win it.
We weren't great to be fair but I didn't care how we won today. Power and leadbitter together don't work. We didn't seem to really have a plan and there was no real urgency. We looked like the away team from the off. Took our goals well and had some decent patches. However, 3 points = a happy saturday evening in southsea

These are absolutely fuck all to worry about. Half their players seem to spit their dummy out anarl when they were getting out muscled at different areas of the pitch. The good thing with McGeady as well is you can tell he just annoys opposition players when beating them. He had a couple rattled.

People dont want to get to hungup on how pompey passed it round ,it was like watching a team of mcgeoughs .Backwards,sideways,backwards sidewards etc.Then high lump for our keeper to stop reading his newspaper to catch .Good for sending you to sleep

Back