***|||+++Sunderland v Portsmouth - Match Day Thread+++|||***

I think the better teams usually go up. 9 times out of 10, we wouldn't have lost that game. I'm still confident we'll be alright this year.
That’s rubbish I’m afraid. The way you played today would have got you a win 30 percent of the time maximum. We were poor but you were utterly shit

feel we better team tbh, happy with our play but 2 schoolboy errors let you in, cant say you improved at all, 2 shots on target all game but goals means points i guess, confident we will be fine this season not impressed with your play at mo. emty seats?
30k is decent. ..12.30 kick off and on sky....how many would have been at the "bear shit tip " ?

The refereeing was abysmal, most decisions went against us

We could have killed it off with a 3rd, but unlucky in front of goal

I felt for the past ten minutes we put 11 men behind the ball and stopped trying, it worked here but ensured a tense ending

We got the job done but there's still improvements needed. We just cannot keep going behind after a shit start every single game.

You've saved me a post.

All I need to add is Portsmouth know how to pass a ball around. I'm glad they were woeful once they got into the penalty area.

Now can people ease off on Jack Ross until we've had at least a month under our belts?

Last edited:
you obviously not a fan of football, apart from defence we looked far better, 2 shots at home on target poor, not impressed with your play and feel we beat ourselves with our play, new defenders cost. not thinking on that display that you will be a force at the moment, maybe ross needs kicking out. pompey much better footballing team, but you a bit biased eh. but congrats on the 3pts,

The only time you've beat us in 6 meetings over the 90 minutes was when we were down to 10 men and you were at home. The "new" defenders you talk about I'm pretty sure Burgess and Walkes were there last season.

Awful first 20 mins or so but as seems to happen their goal fired us into action. Glad with the reaction and managing to equalise as quickly, then to go in 2-1 up at HT was class.

Willis and Ozturk a very encouraging as a CB pairing and I thought Leadbitter was superb in the middle, Power was also busy. Wyke was quality when he came on, he caused all sorts of bother for their defence and brought more of our players into attack.

Glad we've beaten Portsmouth who you'd imagine will be still up there come the end of the season.

£10 says you don't ( to charity )
Fuck it, why not. I should do more for charity anyways!
That’s rubbish I’m afraid. The way you played today would have got you a win 30 percent of the time maximum. We were poor but you were utterly shit
So, let's say a win 30% of the time and, assuming a one goal swing would happen twice as often as a two goal swing, a draw 60% of the time, that means 9 times out of 10 we wouldn't have lost. Like I said...

Last edited:
Famous no 9.......From the BBC Comments:

David Ljunggren: Joelinton appears to have all the footballing talent of a wardrobe - slow, clumsy, no acceleration, no positional strength and lackadaisical in defence. £40 million well spent I'd say...

:lol::lol::lol:

Back