*~*~* Sunderland v Newcastle match thread *~*~*

No idea why there’s so much bed wetting in here. Thought we played as well as we could given the circumstances. They created very little, we gifted them two of their goals, and we had a few efforts on the break that could have went in. We could and should have offered more going forwards but they are a lot better than us atm and we have to accept that. Can’t be too disappointed though and if we play that solidly at the back in the championship we’ll win a lot more than we don’t. We’re making great progress considering we were in league one only 18 months ago
How can you say ...their bang average form has just destroyed us.. a 5 nil defeat would have have been kind to us ....they totally dominated from start to finish
They didn’t destroy us at all. They controlled the game, as you’d expect if we played any PL side, but didn’t create much at all

They didnt create nothing!!!! What about thre through ball for Isak , what about the chance in the 1st min, what about about the Longstaff chances x2 who blasted over the bar in the 1st half,what about the Isak shot that went a foot wide .

Well, Boro out of the cup. So, no north eastern teams in the next round of the cup, Newcastle, of course, being Saudi.

Pot shots from outside the area are all you have? Not exactly guilt edged chances
Ist of all i'm a Sunderland fan through and through..i really dont know what game you were watching... you are not a watcher of football if you dont recognise that they had so many chances to win the game without our help... yes we gave them 2 goals but the lack of quality really showed today..give me an example of where we we cut through them and created a chance. .dont include Pritchard shot that the keeper saved..

Ist of all i'm a Sunderland fan through and through..i really dont know what game you were watching... you are not a watcher of football if you dont recognise that they had so many chances to win the game without our help... yes we gave them 2 goals but the lack of quality really showed today..give me an example of where we we cut through them and created a chance. .dont include Pritchard shot that the keeper saved..
They didn’t create many chances at all. A few pot shots is about all, and a few that we gifted them. We restricted them well.

We also hit the bar and forced two good saves from the keeper. We were never gonna have 100 shots and an xG of 10 against a team like that, sorry to burst your bubble but I think this is about the best we could have expected, save for Ekwahs fuck up and a bit of luck on our few chances

I think Newcastle did what they had to and not much more. A couple of errors were costly and the early mistake at the start of the second half was pivotal.

Second half we had a bit of a go via Pritchard but the lack of a forward is plain to see but not easy to find as we have mentioned on numerous occasions.

Lots of endevour but we didn't really lay a finger on Newcastle. Maybe showed them too much respect?

Pleased the game is out of the way and we can get on with the rest of our season. The backdrop to the game was a circus with the increased away allocation, loyal supporters having to move and the Black Cats Bar fiasco.

Last edited:
They were better than us but only had 4 shots on target and one of those was a pen
They didn't murder us.
Unlike journalists

not surprised by the result

However some players need to have a word with themselves after that show

If there were PL scouts in the stands, and offers would be retracted immediately because they have a long way to go to be PL quality.

It felt like the manager gave up after the 2nd goal. Once Pritchard hit the bar they looked nervous for a little period and that’s when changes were needed

Jobe looked knackered and needs a break. ITV done a feature as if he is our main threat. He needs taken out for a bit.

It was a nice distraction, but hopefully the wake up call needed for those that run the club

Frustrating as they weren’t all that and we have gifted them 3 goals, they barely got out of first gear. We were just too slow and wanted too much time on the ball, don’t think much of Beale there tactically what even was the plan?
Keep score down?

They didnt create nothing!!!! What about thre through ball for Isak , what about the chance in the 1st min, what about about the Longstaff chances x2 who blasted over the bar in the 1st half,what about the Isak shot that went a foot wide .
If you want to put it like that, what about Pritchard hitting the bar and their keeper making two good saves?

Reading are 55 places below Chelsea whilst Sunderland are 17 league places below Newcastle.
It’s embarrassing how hard they’re celebrating.

It shows how much it bothered them with the 6 in a row :lol: Pretending they didn’t care, they had team photos taken after todays win:lol:

Think of that, a CL side beating a second division side and getting team photos done in front of the crowd/goal. No other team in the world would do that
They didn’t. They had a lot of possession, mainly from our stray passes. But they really didn’t create much at all.

Reminds me of England under Hodgson. Lots of possession but mostly side passes
They were better than us but only had 4 shots on target and one of those was a pen
They didn't murder us.
Unlike journalists
Yep. Dominated the game but didn’t really threaten us.
I don’t think anyone can argue they deserved to win but, we did gift all 3 goals.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is symbolic of our situation, but I just went to make a cup of tea, got my Sunderland mug out the cupboard and as soon as I poured boiling water in, it cracked right down the middle.

It was quite impressive, some little shards of ceramic pinged out and the crack spread like someone undoing a zip.

But, that was my match day mug for about the last 15 years :(

It shows how much it bothered them with the 6 in a row :lol: Pretending they didn’t care, they had team photos taken after todays win:lol:

Think of that, a CL side beating a second division side and getting team photos done in front of the crowd/goal. No other team in the world would do that

They didn’t. They had a lot of possession, mainly from our stray passes. But they really didn’t create much at all.

I don’t think anyone can argue they deserved to win but, we did gift all 3 goals.
Don't think anyone can argue we gifted them there 3 goals, I would of just liked to have seen us give It more of a go Instead of sitting back and trying to keep the score down which Is what Beale done. He didn't make a substitution until the 85th minute

Agreed. This is pretty much their celebrations:

“Haha why can’t championship Sunderland compete with our unlimited money on and off the pitch lalas”

All I’ve heard for over a year is how we are irrelevant to them now they have a seat at the top of the table. Unlimited money, CL football, £70m on players and yesterday made their entire season. Small time as fuck. I’d need to do some research but in terms of quality and value they surely has to be one of the strongest teams a PL has used in the 3rd round of the FA Cup? Maybe City topped it once but how embarrassing are they being ffs

Agreed. This is pretty much their celebrations:

“Haha why can’t championship Sunderland compete with our unlimited money on and off the pitch lalas”

All I’ve heard for over a year is how we are irrelevant to them now they have a seat at the top of the table. Unlimited money, CL football, £70m on players and yesterday made their entire season. Small time as fuck. I’d need to do some research but in terms of quality and value they surely has to be one of the strongest teams a PL has used in the 3rd round of the FA Cup? Maybe City topped it once but how embarrassing are they being ffs
First derby in 8 years man can yous stop with the “we actually won because Newcastle celebrated too much :cool:

Back