**** Sunderland v Bristol Rovers match thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just back from the match.

Freezing.

Honeyman and Baldwin excellent today. Thought we were threatening down our left but not great defensively.

Maja took his goal well but needs to work on his all round game. Watmore held the ball up more times than him in his time on the pitch. Watmore looked threatening.

Overall a satisfactory performance and a welcome three points.

People finally startimg to realise we aren't that good then?

Results have clouded peoples judgement all season.
Get Maja off at HT. He’s been gash for while now

I'm fairly new to this board but I only see you two when things aren't going well, you spout a bunch of negativity, then when the team manage to turn it around you disappear. You don't celebrate the goals and have nothing positive to say after a good win. Very strange behaviour for so called fans

The centre of defence is a big worry for myself. Two brick shithouses would suit you sir......me too. The team in general should be playing with much more confidence by our position alone, but we're just getting through games against piss poor teams even at home. Another quality finisher required also, now is the time to spend some money for a goalscorer.....plan now for the next stepup.

Does not auger well for the remainder of the season......its a long time since we showed any positive consistent performances. Yes I've quoted the play poor and still win games proves a good side myself, but that only applies to odd games not consistently playing piss poor.

We are not 'consistently piss poor' - certainly not compared to the teams we play.
When the ball hits the deck and we start passing it around we look the best in the division.
Our approach play at times has been as good as anything we have played since BSA was in charge.
We are always good for a couple of goals and we have an incredibly deep squad for the division...

I think Flanagan was a big miss today which unsettled our defence, and wouldn't say no to another defender or two in Jan, but basically I think this squad is very likely to go up as is..

We weren't great. Gave them two free headers and yet again won without being anything special. We need a centre half in January, and if we don't have one in the summer we'd not do well in the championship.

Nice to celebrate a couple goals. I tried to clap but couldn't feel my hands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back