**** Sunderland v Bristol Rovers match thread ****

We can certainly be sloppy & our own worst enemy at times... however the manager encourages his players to take risks so there is also going to be mistakes.

We've played some great football this season in patches Peterborough & Barnsley at home & been resilient when needed AFC Wimbledon & Walsall away spring to mind.

A centre half & more physical presence in the middle would be ideal. I think we'll be fine based on what I've seen overall so far.

Baldwin is becoming more of a liability as the season wears on
The centre of defence is a big worry for myself. Two brick shithouses would suit you sir......me too. The team in general should be playing with much more confidence by our position alone, but we're just getting through games against piss poor teams even at home. Another quality finisher required also, now is the time to spend some money for a goalscorer.....plan now for the next stepup.

Does not auger well for the remainder of the season......its a long time since we showed any positive consistent performances. Yes I've quoted the play poor and still win games proves a good side myself, but that only applies to odd games not consistently playing piss poor.

Get Defoe back (it is possible) sign a really decent CH in January and I really believe we are set to go up. So what we are not great to watch at times but I reckon every man and his dog would have taken 43 points at this stage of the season. How many times have we managed to come back from being behind? Who gives a flying fuck as long as it continues. I remember, not that long ago either, when as soon as we went even just one goal behind we were fecked and every player on the pitch went missing. Fuck me, we have more or less a brand new side and to have clicked so quickly is brilliant. Chuffed to bits at the moment with where we are

Get Dofoe back (it is possible) sign a really decent CH in January and I really believe we are set to go up. So what we are not great to watch at times but I reckon every man and his dog would have taken 43 points at this stage of the season. How many times have we managed to come back from being behind? Who gives a flying fuck as long as it continues. I remember, not that long ago either, when as soon as we went even just one goal behind we were fecked and every player on the pitch went missing. Fuck me, we have more or less a brand new side and to have clicked so quickly is brilliant. Chuffed to bits at the moment with where we are
Dear God :oops::oops:

The playing out from the back makes me shit the bed with those two centre backs, problem we have is that it’s our only option. At the moment we never win the ball from a goal kick. Wyke will be like a new signing.

Maja is superb when he is running towards goal. He needs to play just behind Wyke.

Hand on heart I think we'll end up in the play-offs. We're a bit too sloppy at the back and I think we've got away with it more often than can be sustainable, but I could very well be wrong.

A few steely and controlled performances, even if against teams near the bottom, would reassure me a bit more.

You're probably right about our defence. Quality issues aside the blend could be better. Baldwin and Flanagan are both what I would describe as covering centre halves, we need a big commanding stopper there to dominate the centre. Loovens scares me and Ozturk, who looks like he should be up for the role, hasn't impressed. As people have mentioned though, unless we can find a young gem with improvement in him we'd probably be wiser to save our cash for now and see if we can make it to the championship with what we have. I accept it's a gamble.

The playing out from the back makes me shit the bed with those two centre backs, problem we have is that it’s our only option. At the moment we never win the ball from a goal kick. Wyke will be like a new signing.

Maja is superb when he is running towards goal. He needs to play just behind Wyke.
a gaoalkeeper who can kick oit to one of our players would help and all

We can certainly be sloppy & our own worst enemy at times... however the manager encourages his players to take risks so there is also going to be mistakes.

We've played some great football this season in patches Peterborough & Barnsley at home & been resilient when needed AFC Wimbledon & Walsall away spring to mind.

A centre half & more physical presence in the middle would be ideal. I think we'll be fine based on what I've seen overall so far.
A good post but you need to change your username to 1880 ;)

Back