Sunderland to pursue permanent Sanderson move...

I see what you mean, Xhemajli is the difficult one as we don't even know what he's like in L1 to make a judgement on him for the championship, he was obviously someone signed with the view of developing and playing with us at a higher level but we would probably need to assess him in pre-season when he's back fit. If he looks up to it then I would probably let Flanagan go on loan to L1 till January if he wanted more game time.

Sanderson, Wright, Willis, Xhemajli looks decent enough on paper. If we don't go up then Wright, Willis, Flanagan, Xhemajli doesn't look too bad either.

Not sure Wright is up to it in the championship mind, struggled this year in a 4

Didn't he sign a long deal?

Aye, I'd be keen to sign him, few getting carried away though
I remember Sheffield Utd fans saying the same about Maguire. Top class English CB’s are hard to come by. It’s worth taking a gamble on a couple. Not saying he’ll go that far but I know how hard it’s been for Wolves finding one. We got Coady through accident after converting him from Midfield. Same as Saiss. Dendoncker is also a midfielder. We’ve been looking for a CB for years. We got priced out of Dias.

I remember Sheffield Utd fans saying the same about Maguire. Top class English CB’s are hard to come by. It’s worth taking a gamble on a couple. Not saying he’ll go that far but I know how hard it’s been for Wolves finding one. We got Coady through accident after converting him from Midfield. Same as Saiss. Dendoncker is also a midfielder. We’ve been looking for a CB for years. We got priced out of Dias.

I'd absolutely sign him for sure, as he can improve, been our best player after McGeady lately. Just holding caution as this league is really really poor.

Good to see him get a run though I like his charachter

Its also worth noting that I am not sure johnson agrees with the majority on here, he always picks Flanagan every time ahead of him, and I reckon he will do again when him and Wright are fit.

We do mate. One of the brightest prospects we have especially in defence. He won’t break into our first team next season so I do reckon if you get promoted he would stay on loan. You never know though about a possible deal as we are looking to bring a CB in this summer. I’m really happy to see him doing well for you as he’s Wolves born and bred.
If we go up and he stays on loan another season and he doesn’t sign another contract extension he could leave for nowt at the end of next season. Lots of ifs there.
I think if you lot rate him highly and want to keep him he has to be on the fringe’s of your first team next season. He’s of the age whereby he needs regular first team games.

I watched him for you in the Ipswich game. He was very vocal and didn’t stop talking which is very positive for a young lad at a different club. I do think there is something different about him. Definitely a long Championship career at the very least.
He said in an interview that he had to learn to be more vocal what with Wright being out injured. He has learned a lot from a very good pro in Wight. That's what is good about loaning players to the right club is all about.

Can't picture him being cheap. I'd fully expect to break the League 1 record again if we're still down here.

I'm trying to not get too excited, but this lad is very very young and already of top 6 championship quality so it's hard (no pun intended).
What has he done to be described as top 6 championship worthy?

He struggles to get games for us when people are fit

I'd be amazed if we signed him but would be a great signing - the lad looks absolute class and would be comfortably Championship and possibly Prem level. Would be our best signing for years.

Photo by Malcolm Couzens/Getty Images Should Sunderland try to sign Dion Sanderson permanently? Are we seeing the best version of Max Power? And, are we impressed by what Kyril Louis-Dreyfus had to say in his first interview? Sunderland fans heard Kyril Louis-Dreyfus speak for the first time - what did you think of his interview? We all...

More at Roker Report...

Back