Sunderland to pursue permanent Sanderson move...

There’s talk of him being a top six championship player on this thread which is very premature. He’s done pretty well in his recent games but bare in mind the opponents have been Burton and Fleetwood, one side that will likely be playing fourth division football and another that aren’t far off it. I’d be happy with us signing him as he’s the right age and has good qualities but he’s plenty left to prove even at this level.

This would be a massive statement of intent, even if we go up. Him and Wright could hold their own in the Championship next season, and hopefully the Kosovan lad gets fully fit and in contention too.

I think if we can get Sanderson back and offer Willis a 1 year/pay as you play deal we'd probably be fine at CB in the championship, if a little on the small side (though is Xhemajli 6ft3?). Could then hopefully spend most of the budget improving other positions.

I like the look of him, he is growing in confidence and is an athletic lad. Wolves could easy put in a buy back clause as he is under contract till 2022

He spent the second half of last season on loan to Cardiff who finished in the top six of the Championship. He literally was a top six championship player this time last year.

If he was performing well and that standard, it seems very peculiar that he was signed by a third division outfit and couldn’t dislodge Wright, Willis and Flanagan up until injuries set in.

He looks a good player and I’d be content with us signing him but I think he’s plenty to prove. He’s had a good few iffy moments for us earlier in the season and we’ve not seen him hugely tested in recent weeks.

More likely to get him back on loan if we go up, but it would certainly show intent and the lad is loving it here by all accounts.

I think if we can get Sanderson back and offer Willis a 1 year/pay as you play deal we'd probably be fine at CB in the championship, if a little on the small side (though is Xhemajli 6ft3?). Could then hopefully spend most of the budget improving other positions.
I think we'd have too many tbh. 5 senior options is too much to keep everyone happy IMO - assuming we stick with a back four.

Whether it happens or not, is likely or not, the level of ambition is impressive.

Back