Sunderland to pursue permanent Sanderson move...

If we go up then why not? His new contract with Wolves is only until 2022. He’d be around £5m minimum. If for once we’ve got a long-term plan that’s a cracking investment. Give him a 5 year deal incentivised with promotion to the PL - he’ll be worth well more than £5m in the future.

Be a brilliant move. Think we'd be priced out in eventuality, I think Wolves really rate him according to that Wolves fan who gets on here.
We do mate. One of the brightest prospects we have especially in defence. He won’t break into our first team next season so I do reckon if you get promoted he would stay on loan. You never know though about a possible deal as we are looking to bring a CB in this summer. I’m really happy to see him doing well for you as he’s Wolves born and bred.

... apparently.

Sunderland to pursue permanent Sanderson move - reports
Sunderland will pursue a permanent move for Wolves defender Dion Sanderson this summer, according to reports.
The Daily Mail say that the Black Cats will look to bring the youngster to Wearside on a permanent basis over the summer, with Sanderson himself reportedly open to a move given the vast competition at his parent club.

Not going to happen.

He's a Wolverhampton lad and as a Wolves fan said on here, he's probably their hottest prospect. Wolves aren't exactly blessed with great centrebacks so a strong end to the season for him will probably push him into contention for their pre season in the summer.

If we go up then why not? His new contract with Wolves is only until 2022. He’d be around £5m minimum. If for once we’ve got a long-term plan that’s a cracking investment. Give him a 5 year deal incentivised with promotion to the PL - he’ll be worth well more than £5m in the future.
I reckon they’d want a lot more than £5M for him. No chance we can sign him but another loan next season definitely possible.

Would be a massive signing. Think he’d comfortably make the step up to the championship next season. Can see him spending most of his career in the top flight.

This would be a massive statement of intent, even if we go up. Him and Wright could hold their own in the Championship next season, and hopefully the Kosovan lad gets fully fit and in contention too.

Last edited:
He'd be an excellent signing. He's the right age to make significant process and we are the perfect club for him to step up with.

We've seen a couple of excellent games lately, but he's still very much learning the position of CB and is miles away from the Wolves first team. Given their position, it wouldn't surprise me if they buy to strengthen as well, putting him further down the pecking order.

He might be willing to buy into our project rather than wait 2-3 more seasons for a place in Wolves side if it ever arrives.

Definitely a possibility if we get promoted, no chance otherwise as there will definitely be championship interest in the summer. Has done it at that level before although not as a CB.

If we go up it wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new deal with wolves and came back on loan, maybe with an option to buy.

Back