Sunderland 'Til I Die - Poll added

Have you watched it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

just watched episode 2, in between the bury and carlisle league cup games, they show film of planes taking off. no wonder we're skint if we're flying the squad to greater manchester and cumbria

I really enjoyed that thread. Some great crack (even from the Mags on there). Civil, informed, respectful, funny posts pretty much throughout. Is that what that board’s always like? I always thought these multi club forums were restricted to ‘your club’s shite lolz’ ‘no yours is, bantz’.

One comment on there from a poster in Canada:
“would consider myself an extremely casual observer of the Premier League/English Football and it just happened to come up in Netflix. It's really, really well done and I was completely engrossed. The documentary has no problem showing the shortcomings of the club amidst its desires to live up to the supporters expectations.”

I love it but some of the editing is poor - episode 2 says we played Bolton on 31 September also blokes in winter gear apparently bollocking the team against Celtic . Million dollar question is, how many watches does Martin Bain own????

Predictably, I’ve tore through the documentary today so, some completely partisan thoughts:

- it shows the best and the worst of Sunderland, it really is gritty
- I feel for Martin Bain. The bloke obviously cared
- Grayson bit off more than he could chew, and that was very obvious
- our fans don’t look good at Bristol City
- Honeyman comes off well. Really well.
- The relegation episode is heartbreaking
- not enough examination of Coleman’s errors in judgement
Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

The last 2 months of the season were skimmed over - the Reading, Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Wed games were ignored - all of which we had a chance in and it could have changed things.
Overall an excellent series

I love it but some of the editing is poor - episode 2 says we played Bolton on 31 September also blokes in winter gear apparently bollocking the team against Celtic . Million dollar question is, how many watches does Martin Bain own????
You spelled “Vain” wrong there, marra, imho.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

The last 2 months of the season were skimmed over - the Reading, Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Wed games were ignored - all of which we had a chance in and it could have changed things.
Overall an excellent series

I was disappointed Reading wasn’t in, but they wouldn’t have had time, I suppose.

Bloke sitting making a cup of tea saying ‘that’s loyalty’ because he was going to listen to the second half :oops::oops::oops:

It is. Just because he couldn't go to the AWAY game is an unfair reason to call him out. There are different levels, granted, but listening or watching is still loyalty.

I've just finished the series, really enjoyed it. I think it shows us as a bunch of mad bastards with unrivaled passion, that'll do for me.

That happened to coincide exactly with when my wife was chopping onions. Honest.

You must live canny close to me and had the windows ope
I really enjoyed that thread. Some great crack (even from the Mags on there). Civil, informed, respectful, funny posts pretty much throughout. Is that what that board’s always like? I always thought these multi club forums were restricted to ‘your club’s shite lolz’ ‘no yours is, bantz’.

One comment on there from a poster in Canada:
“would consider myself an extremely casual observer of the Premier League/English Football and it just happened to come up in Netflix. It's really, really well done and I was completely engrossed. The documentary has no problem showing the shortcomings of the club amidst its desires to live up to the supporters expectations.”

Yeah it's actually alright if you stay away from Messi/Ronaldo posts because they're just swamped with those weird super fan type people, it's really surprising when something is posted about Sunderland (rare tbh) seeing people from other countries genuinely intrigued with us, some of them even refer to us as one of the world's "meme teams" after all the shite we did in the past few years :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back