Sunderland 'Til I Die - Poll added

Have you watched it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earlier in the window Coleman said we were close to signing 3. We then spent the whole window f***ing around with Chris Martin and ended up on deadline day with nobody until Fletcher came available late on.

Coleman clearly didn’t have a clue about him because when we signed him he said he was a target man, then 2 weeks later after watching him play for us Coleman got frustrated with the media/fans and said he couldn’t understand why people thought he was a target man.

Absolute shambles.

The clip when they were both on the training ground and Coleman shouted at Fletcher and called him a great big bastard. I think maybe that could have been reality dawning rather than any form of encouragement. He was hapless.

Only someone who attends games week in week out would see these bits of artistic licence, it does not detract from a brilliant programme in any way shape or form.

Im a newcastle fan and the editing did my tits in tbf. I want a true representation and maybe its because i know the SOL and the grounds your at but really its proper frustrating.

Ive got theast episode still to watch but a couple of things...

Rodwell... total ****. That bit where he comes out from meeting bain and turns to the camera and says "bit personal this mate" to the camera man. You kust know he was on the phone to his agent

Gibson.. seems to be a decent fella to me. Just obviously has demons he isnt prepared to confront or deal with in a mature manner.

Williams.. good he let them in on his session but he seems like someone who cant perform unless he is told he is amazing or has the biggest dick on the field

Predictably, I’ve tore through the documentary today so, some completely partisan thoughts:

- it shows the best and the worst of Sunderland, it really is gritty
- I feel for Martin Bain. The bloke obviously cared
- Grayson bit off more than he could chew, and that was very obvious
- our fans don’t look good at Bristol City
- Honeyman comes off well. Really well.
- The relegation episode is heartbreaking
- not enough examination of Coleman’s errors in judgement

At least he had the balls to speak to the camera. Vaughan didn't even do that. Just watched episode 5. Rodwell is an even bigger **** than I thought. Constantly walking about with a smerk on his face. That comment to the Cree as well "Do you mind this is personal ".

The ‘no chance mate’ when asked if he was playing at the weekend just sums him up. After his interview with the Mail and everything.

Hopefully the world will see the lying heartless despicable **** for what he is now

I have watched episodes one and two so far. Spotted myself during the Celtic game, looking pretty grim... well we were four goals behind at that point!

Episode two - the transfer window.... what at absolute shambles! There just didn’t seem to be any serious urgency to actually give a shit!!

Im a newcastle fan and the editing did my tits in tbf. I want a true representation and maybe its because i know the SOL and the grounds your at but really its proper frustrating.

Rodwell... total ****. That bit where he comes out from meeting bain and turns to the camera and says "bit personal this mate" to the camera man. You kust know he was on the phone to his agent

Gibson.. seems to be a decent fella to me. Just obviously has demons he isnt prepared to confront or deal with in a mature manner.

Williams.. good he let them in on his session but he seems like someone who cant perform unless he is told he is amazing or has the biggest dick on the field
I thought that about rodwell too, but we already knew that he was what you said.

I have watched episodes one and two so far. Spotted myself during the Celtic game, looking pretty grim... well we were four goals behind at that point!

Episode two - the transfer window.... what at absolute shambles! There just didn’t seem to be any serious urgency to actually give a shit!!
To me watching that window there was no plan whatsoever.

Just finished watching there. Think a lot of this has already been said.

- Rodwell is a complete twat

- Feels Bain was a bit hard done by

- McGeady hated Coleman

- Ruiter’s missus is magnificent

As much as Coleman seemed to have a genuine rapport with the club staff I suspect McGeady and Grabban weren't the only players who didn't particularly like him.

Think that’s harsh on Williams, it’s clearly not an ego thing and anxiety is a bitch.

Think he needs to be given the confidence to make a mistake and playing infront of the SoL crowd that season who would jump on any mistake can’t have helped.

Hope he gets the hell he needs cause he seems a decent bloke.

Every time I see Rodwell on it I feel like smashing the tele in. What a wanker, especially when he comes out of that meeting with Bain :evil:

Shit-beard is an absolute tosser
Tin hat on here, but if you're a premier league reserve going on loan to a struggling championship side, it's to get match experience and exposure, to either win a place in your home club first team or get a move. It's fair for such a player to expect to start games and get plenty of game time, even more so when he's top scorer at his loan club.

That's not to excuse the way he went about leaving, or his goading the fans when he inevitably scored against us for Villa a few weeks later (and I'd happily watch him get stretchered off...).

Disagree about Bain like. I think he comes across well because it seems like he didn't let them in on anything where he could have come across like a shithead.

This. And what he did let them in on he had weeks to prepare what he was going to say and polish it.

He was absolutely speechless when he was called out at a fans meeting and at that sponsors event.

I can’t believe people are forgetting all he did here because he’s said a few pre prepared things people want to hear. Same happened with Bent. People were wanting to re-sign him because he said he wanted to sign for us (now his career is completely over).

As much as Coleman seemed to have a genuine rapport with the club staff I suspect McGeady and Grabban weren't the only players who didn't particularly like him.

There isn’t a single player who praised him bar maybe Williams about when he played for Wales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back