Sunderland Station Redevelopment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overall subject repeats every 8 months.
1) Why can't we have a decent train service
2) Rebuild "Train station" south of Holmeside etc etc etc
3) Station looks like shite
and on and on and on.........

And so it should until we have a decent train service and the station doesn't look shite.

Hopefully something is finally being done about the station.

Who's the knacker David Coverdale commenting at the bottom of the article? When was the train station ever overground or near Mowbray Park? I'm aware from pictures & older members of my family that it used to have a North & a South entrance, the North entrance being where Littlewoods used to be.

Looks class: light and airy. Anyone know if they’re raising the track bed or will it be a big dig out open space that’s light and airy??? (there’s a theme here)

General rule of thumb when presented with two designs. The more exciting one will never happen as it's there to wet your appetite

I quite like the second one as well mind, that one appears to be two floors as well. It does look very similar to the new college at Park Lane though. The first one is by far the best however.

Who's the knacker David Coverdale commenting at the bottom of the article? When was the train station ever overground or near Mowbray Park? I'm aware from pictures & older members of my family that it used to have a North & a South entrance, the North entrance being where Littlewoods used to be.
The original 19thC Sunderland station was opposite Mowbray Park and over ground, theres a blue plaque on Burdon Road where the main entrance used to be.

The original 19thC Sunderland station was opposite Mowbray Park and over ground, theres a blue plaque on Burdon Road where the main entrance used to be.
Is the plaque not for a water fawcett?

Excellent and badly needed. It really is quite depressing returning back to Sunderland through that station. Hopefully it can begin to open up some more services.
Thought the glass wall looked cool on Saturday
I was rocking mind you

Has everyone fkd on and joined to see link ?

Last edited:
Is the plaque not for a water fawcett?

Thought the glass wall looked cool on Saturday
I was rocking mind you

Has everyone fkd on and joined to see link ?

The lads deleted the link off LinkedIn now. He worked for Network Rail so wonder if he’s had a bollocking for putting it up.

Should develop a new one opposite the war memorial in Mowbray park....along with rail services southerly out of the city centre. The metro track has made Sunderland a railway cul de sac.

Mowbray park gives a better impression of the city
Where would they put the platforms mate?

Plenty of room, just look owa the wall (or Google Maps)
I've drove trains through there for over 30 years. People just say should put it there but never say how it would be laid out. How would you do it.

I've drove trains through there for over 30 years. People just say should put it there but never say how it would be laid out. How would you do it.

That's nowt - come back when you've driven through there for 31 years, marra.

joking aside ... some clever planning, diggers, trucks, builders n that. you know, usual stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back