Sunderland Stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting better though. Hotel on Keel Square. Vaux site finally moving on and the refurbishment of Mackies corner will be brilliant. Its not all doom and gloom
This. If/When Vaux is properly established you could have aver a 1,000 people working nearby, who may pop in after/during work apart from people who are in the City Centre, even in the winter. In the height of the winter months there'll be almost no one hanging around the sea front, I think this could be a big mistake building it down the sea front.

This. If/When Vaux is properly established you could have aver a 1,000 people working nearby, who may pop in after/during work apart from people who are in the City Centre, even in the winter. In the height of the winter months there'll be almost no one hanging around the sea front, I think this could be a big mistake building it down the sea front.

Council committee agenda

I know what you mean. Stack in Newcastle benefits from people shopping and passing by rather than simply going there as a destination.

According to item 20 on the above link it would seem that the stack on crowtree was being considered. Would be interesting to know why it didn’t happen?

Give the developers your professional advice mate. When you’ve explained it to them I’m sure they’ll bin it cos ya kna.

Nah it’ll be fine. There’s people drink/go for food down the sea front year round. Stack in Newcastle always makes a big deal out of Christmas with mulled wine, German market stalls, fire pits etc so if the Sunderland one follows suit it’ll do well.

Give the developers your professional advice mate. When you’ve explained it to them I’m sure they’ll bin it cos ya kna.
OK, It was only my opinion man, but I bet it's not open during the height of the winter, because the running costs will be too high for the footfall it will get in the quiet months

Nah it’ll be fine. There’s people drink/go for food down the sea front year round. Stack in Newcastle always makes a big deal out of Christmas with mulled wine, German market stalls, fire pits etc so if the Sunderland one follows suit it’ll do well.
Could have a Xmas market in roker park around the lake aswell

Always thought we could do something different to what we have now. Instead of mini train a mini monorail. Mini golf and poss a model village showing all of sunderland best landmarks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back