Sunderland Stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the arcades are staying the council should stiupulate that the building must be changed on the outside to fit in with the other buildings.

This should also happen in Roker
Why? The place would look daft if every building looked the same

Why? The place would look daft if every building looked the same

Tescos paid for Farmfoods to change the appearance to match the other units

Both the arcades look awful in roker and seaburn and if we can't get rid of them then something should be done to change the external appearance

Tescos paid for Farmfoods to change the appearance to match the other units

Both the arcades look awful in roker and seaburn and if we can't get rid of them then something should be done to change the external appearance
Then the council should pay for any alterations.
Why would you want to get rid of local businesses that have been where they are for years and years anyway? Sounds a bit shan to me

Then the council should pay for any alterations.
Why would you want to get rid of local businesses that have been where they are for years and years anyway? Sounds a bit shan to me
Are the arcade buildings not council owned anyway? Long term leased. If not they should provide some form of grant to improve the appearance. They are butt ugly.
Little Italy as well.

Getting better though. Hotel on Keel Square. Vaux site finally moving on and the refurbishment of Mackies corner will be brilliant. Its not all doom and gloom
Still a long way to go with far to many shops left to rot away, i wonder how long Louis or the many number on holmeside will stay closed. I do agree though things are moving on for the better.

Still a long way to go with far to many shops left to rot away, i wonder how long Louis or the many number on holmeside will stay closed. I do agree though things are moving on for the better.

Louis has had a bit of interet as the sign has been 'let by' twice but must have fell through.

I see that Franky & Bennys has now shut anarl

Shops will re open when footfall incrwases which is what will happen with the three things being completed i mentioned

City centre is too big. Centre needs to first contract and provide a better offer in a smaller area, allowing some places to die off. Hopefully if the area concentrated becomes successful in time it will spill out to other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back