Sunderland Stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks class. Exactly what Sunderland needs down the sea front.

People who live their whole life in Sunderland will piss and moan about any change or progression. It's one of the reasons it's languishing behind other cities in the north.
Misery guts :lol:

I think this will go down ok.

Looks class. Exactly what Sunderland needs down the sea front.

People who live their whole life in Sunderland will piss and moan about any change or progression. It's one of the reasons it's languishing behind other cities in the north.

There’s literally only Sunderland, Newcastle and Carlisle in the north that are cities.

I see a few are still complaining about the design and that the masterplan process has been dropped.

Love the idea but due to it being temporary (up to 8 year lease) makes me cynical. When its built does this give the green light to the house building?..'but you have all the leisure facilities....etc.' When the lease runs out surrounded by new houses....ermm what do we do with the space?...more houses?

Love the idea but due to it being temporary (up to 8 year lease) makes me cynical. When its built does this give the green light to the house building?..'but you have all the leisure facilities....etc.' When the lease runs out surrounded by new houses....ermm what do we do with the space?...more houses?

I don’t think the planning works that way especially as the original outline consent had the majority of housing on the same site as that proposed location for the Stack development. If they’ve signed a lease for 8 years then housing couldnt be built on that part of the site until the stack has been removed. That’s not to say that residential development couldn’t happen on other parts of the site, although from memory I think the other plots were mainly apartment blocks?

I don’t think the planning works that way especially as the original outline consent had the majority of housing on the same site as that proposed location for the Stack development. If they’ve signed a lease for 8 years then housing couldnt be built on that part of the site until the stack has been removed. That’s not to say that residential development couldn’t happen on other parts of the site, although from memory I think the other plots were mainly apartment blocks?
I meant that the temporary leisure gives a green light to build housing...the lease runs out...(UP TO 8 years...I'm sure that can change) When it's agreed to stop the Stack the land will be free to build the houses they wanted in the first place. Shows leisure facilities when permission granted for the area. The fact that they wont be there later is irrelevant. Ticks the box to show there is Leisure to build houses, but know it will be gone when they want it to be

It says Seldons supports the principal of regenerating the site. Is Seldons staying now? Haven't kept up to date with the development.

If the arcades are staying the council should stiupulate that the building must be changed on the outside to fit in with the other buildings.

This should also happen in Roker

If the arcades are staying the council should stiupulate that the building must be changed on the outside to fit in with the other buildings.

This should also happen in Roker

Sadly I don’t think they have such authority or power to force them to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back