Sunderland railway station.

Aye no arguments, about the urban side, but you just said that the local rail was poor but imo it's quite decent. Really you need both, let's be honest though. Places like Skipton the same distance as Chester Le Street, Seaham, Morpeth and Cramlington from Newcastle and they all have non existent trains bar the odd token hourly service.
I live in York, decent service to Leeds then getting around Leeds is a pain once there. I can remember (just) the trams in Sunderland when we came to stay at my grandparents.
We have one direct train an hour to Hull and one to Bradford plus one to Scarbados, token services.

I live in York, decent service to Leeds then getting around Leeds is a pain once there. I can remember (just) the trams in Sunderland when we came to stay at my grandparents.
We have one direct train an hour to Hull and one to Bradford plus one to Scarbados, token services.

Aye the North East / Yorkshire Coast / Lincolnshire Coast is pretty much crap all the way up, even locally. Like the place that time forgot when it comes to public transport (or more if we're being honest for most of it). Trams up here were long before my time like. Public transport sucks, excluding London, across the country and Scotland lets be honest though.

Aye the North East / Yorkshire Coast / Lincolnshire Coast is pretty much crap all the way up, even locally. Like the place that time forgot when it comes to public transport (or more if we're being honest for most of it). Trams up here were long before my time like. Public transport sucks, excluding London, across the country and Scotland lets be honest though.
It will take massive investment to sort our transport infrastructure out and years, if ever.

I see another thread has just started on pot holes, which of course is another story 😊

Remember when we were promised Eurostar services to the chunnel?

Last edited:
It will take massive investment to sort our transport infrastructure out and years, if ever.

I see another thread has just started on pot holes, which of course is another story 😊

Remember when we were promised Eurostar services to the chunnel?

It'll never happen, in my life time, and I'm only in my thirties.

The roads are shocking mind, was out and about today and they must be 2ft deep some of them, nicely on bends aswell so you can't see them until your through it.

Shame it never happened tbh, love fast trains direct to Paris or wherever tbh. It's alright though because there's 4 trains an hour to London, tough if you want to go anywhere else mind.

Went to see Jamie driscoll talk about his plans if he was north east Mayor, and he stated he had a budget for the leanside lane to be reopened

Talking out his arse. 16mil out of the 27mil for the station came from the leveling up fund, the rest came from Nexus and Northern Rail. There's ne mayoral or council involvement, they're just jumping on the bandwagon to claim credit.

Talking out his arse. 16mil out of the 27mil for the station came from the leveling up fund, the rest came from Nexus and Northern Rail. There's ne mayoral or council involvement, they're just jumping on the bandwagon to claim credit.

He’s talking about funding from the devolution deal to fund it which looks to be between £550m and £900m. Not sure if that is enough mind you and sure there will be numerous competing projects wanting funding.

Funding for stations was from Transforming cities fund according to the below article rather than levelling up.

Sure read somewhere the toilets in the station have been vandalised and out of use. Think ladies, gents and the disabled so some scum has gone in and done that - I would drop them in a sewage tank and leave them. Imagine, some old lady getting off the train to use the toilet and every one smashed.

Sure read somewhere the toilets in the station have been vandalised and out of use. Think ladies, gents and the disabled so some scum has gone in and done that - I would drop them in a sewage tank and leave them. Imagine, some old lady getting off the train to use the toilet and every one smashed.
Yeah they have, f***ing pond scum man. There was wrong UN's about when I was a kid in the 90s 00s but these days the kids just do what they want with zero repercussions. Nee wonder we don't have much nice around here when things are tried scum be scum.

I know, having to walk all 15 metres to use the Bridges toilets instead. f***ing disaster.

I probably will miss all the details, what he said was the whole project will cost 1.2 billion. It was previously rejected as the algorithm said the use would not match the amount of money spent.

His idea was to build housing along the route and new stations, that would change the result of the algorithm. He would put money in for the housing which would help.

I probably will miss all the details, what he said was the whole project will cost 1.2 billion. It was previously rejected as the algorithm said the use would not match the amount of money spent.

His idea was to build housing along the route and new stations, that would change the result of the algorithm. He would put money in for the housing which would help.

If he actually put a bid in for the second bit then fair play. There's so much scope for building houses, especially in the Rainton / Fenceshouses area.

Be nice to build houses with the transport done first, rather than the opposite way, like usual.

If he actually put a bid in for the second bit then fair play. There's so much scope for building houses, especially in the Rainton / Fenceshouses area.

Be nice to build houses with the transport done first, rather than the opposite way, like usual.

He can't so much at the moment as he is only Mayor of the Tyne so its Just all part of his manifesto

He can't so much at the moment as he is only Mayor of the Tyne so its Just all part of his manifesto

Aye totally, don't think he'll get in though mind. Think McGuinness will, who I'm disliking more every day, as much as I don't really rate him much either. Don't see much in both of them really, especially compared to likes of Burnham elsewhere.

Aye totally, don't think he'll get in though mind. Think McGuinness will, who I'm disliking more every day, as much as I don't really rate him much either. Don't see much in both of them really, especially compared to likes of Burnham elsewhere.
There’s not a name I think is the problem that star factor.

Yep, was in last night, needed a wee getting off the metro, closed!

Logon or register to see this image

There’s not a name I think is the problem that star factor.

Yeah agreed, I know I probably shouldn't say this, but Labour in the North East really feels like it's a jobs for the boys/girls lately. I'm not surewhat McGuinness has done to be anywhere near the Mayor job, she's bloody awful at her current job. It's the same as Susan Dungworth who's going for the PCC job who's that crap she couldn't even get a council seat.

It doesn't help when you have the likes of Gannon as head of transport or Tobyn Hughes who seems to rock from job to job while leaving a trial of destruction behind.

We really need some fresh faces, to revitalise things, rather than the same old but I look at who's up and it's like, oh....

Back