Sunderland People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissan Sunderland which is full of Sunderland people is one of the best automotive factories in the world. No settling for second best there.
Apart from the third world working conditions including (but no limited to): compulsory short notice overtime, bizarre family unfriendly shift patterns, a huge reliance on agency staff with even shittier terms and conditions. But no, you carry on. I was amazed watching Question Time from Shields recently that nobody interrupted the Nissan love-in by explaining to Ken Loach they use all of the corporate shittiness he hates.

Apart from the third world working conditions including (but no limited to): compulsory short notice overtime, bizarre family unfriendly shift patterns, a huge reliance on agency staff with even shittier terms and conditions. But no, you carry on. I was amazed watching Question Time from Shields recently that nobody interrupted the Nissan love-in by explaining to Ken Loach they use all of the corporate shittiness he hates.

I never worked in the mines nor the shipyard but were the issues you raised not also true for those industries at those times also?

I struggle with my Sunderland sentiments as a single entity, I love SAFC, couldn’t give a fuck about the town centre and the rest of the southside, the council are shite, Seaburn and Roker are class.

I'm thick cos I vote Labour? People like yourself keep spouting this utter shite and call other people thick? :lol:
Don’t you live in outside the area now ,London ?

I’m on about the daft bastards from sunderland who complain about the state of the Vaux site etc but come election day vote the same people back in .

Don’t you live in outside the area now ,London ?

I’m on about the daft bastards from sunderland who complain about the state of the Vaux site etc but come election day vote the same people back in .
I’m a blue but will vote Labour for the first time in my life, useless Labour bastards but if it helps to get us a hung parliament I’m all in.

Your narrative could be echoed in the towns of the North West. In fact my affinity with the north east and Sunderland in particular is it reminds me of Lancashire.

We now live in a post industrial London / SE centric world- the power shift has abandoned many once thriving communities.

That said Manchester has rolled its sleeves up and is f***ing booming - it really is a great city.

And of course there’s dear old Cheshire - the “ home county “ of the north.

So your not alone and by god you lot have soul and community in abundance - be proud of that if the cupboard is otherwise empty.

Interesting theory.
And yet when a party is trying to offer better infrastructure, healthcare and wages, you warn us to vote against them?
And we have the inferiority complex?

Hmm. You're an odd bean.

Your narrative could be echoed in the towns of the North West. In fact my affinity with the north east and Sunderland in particular is it reminds me of Lancashire.

We now live in a post industrial London / SE centric world- the power shift has abandoned many once thriving communities.

That said Manchester has rolled its sleeves up and is f***ing booming - it really is a great city.

And of course there’s dear old Cheshire - the “ home county “ of the north.

So your not alone and by god you lot have soul and community in abundance - be proud of that if the cupboard is otherwise empty.
😀

Most places in the country, not to mention the world, would settle for second or third best tbh...
I'm registered to vote in Sunderland.
You live in Pompey North, Paddy? Could do with some help getting Penny out!

Last edited:
I worked there for 11 years - good pay, excellent pension and really positive work attitude. Short notice overtime was always a problem but always explained before you worked there. Nissan was not for everyone but best place I ever worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back