Sunderland People

S

Sid James Park

I am Sunderland born and raised.My genuine question is why do the City of Sunderland people settle for second or third best mediocrity whether in local govt regeneration,national politics, and yes football.??? WHY ???

Last edited by a moderator:

I am Sunderland born and raised.My genuine question is why do the City of Sunderland people settle for second or third best mediocrity whether in local govt regeneration,national politics, and yes football.??? WHY ???
Nissan Sunderland which is full of Sunderland people is one of the best automotive factories in the world. No settling for second best there.

I'd imagine it's because it's all we've ever been offered, anything more than that and we've had to work our arses off for it and that means the football success we had,

Last edited:

I am also but I guess it starts from what you expect to be the best on all of the points you’ve raised? Most of those that you have are very subjective and very unlikely that you could categorically state one is better than the other, other than maybe football.

But if you only accepted the best in a football team you simply wouldn’t follow football as there would be no opposition to play - as this argument would apply to every city, town and village in the uk or even the world.

I'd imagine it's because it's all we've ever been offered, anything more than that and we've had to work our arses off for it and that means the football success we had,
I cant imagine past proud generations putting up with such mediocrity.

I cant imagine past proud Sunderland generations putting up with such mediocrity.

Having our expectations kept down by government and having them shitheads up the road sneering at us since the civil war hasn't helped. Football and local economy's seem to largely go hand in hand look at the London clubs, also countless people that Iv'e known from way back left Sunderland never to return as they knew it would never get any better.

Last edited:
You mean the ones that worked in shit conditions and lived in poverty and died young ? Them ones?

I think he does mate. Although at least they supported the best team in the world. Oh, hang on....
Having our expectations kept down by government and having them shitheads up the road sneering at us since the civil war hasn't helped. Football and local economy's seem to largely go hand in hand, look at the London clubs.

The mags apparently don't put up with shite. They still get served it mind, but look like absolute spenks with mock funerals and shop shouting in the process.

Probably those antics that ensured investment in their city actually....

Last edited:
The rest of the country don't see us as the major city in the region, and we have suffered because of it. We've never really recovered from the pits shipyards and heavy industry closures and I've always felt we were 10 years behind everyone else.

I think he does mate. Although at least they supported the best team in the world. Oh, hang on....

The mags apparently don't put up with shite. They still get served it mind, but look like absolute spenks with mock funerals and shop shouting in the process.

Probably those antics that ensured investment in their city actually....

More a case of it's them kind of spenks that are riding on the back of other peoples success whilst lauding it, the reality is they contributed fuck all.

Back