Sunderland People

Status
Not open for further replies.

What would they have done about it?
Past proud generations would not have allowed it to reach this stage.The failing Labour council and mp s would have been voted out by now the debacle Vaux site being a prime example.Standards have certainly slipped.Maybe its a couple of different generations who accept this mediocrity and are ignorant of what has gone before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Past proud generations would not have allowed it to reach this stage.The failing Labour council and mp s would have been voted out by now the debacle Vaux site being a prime example.Standards have certainly slipped.Maybe its a couple of different generations who accept this mediocrity and are ignorant of what has gone before.
The Labour council and Labour MPs are the will of the people. Get over it.

Got any examples to back up such a claim about previous generations marra?

You do also realise the Tories are in power. Bit like a bairn kicking off with his mam for not getting his pocket money when his mams employer hasn't coughed up her wages.

Not saying the council are good either mind.
The Labour council and Labour MPs are the will of the people. Get over it.

:lol:

So which generation was the last good one? When was the tipping point?

maybe if some of the money the town made in the past for the country, was invested back in it then it would be more prosperous?

been to many places that are far worse than Sunderland. I’ve been living away from Sunderland longer than I lived in it but I genuinely think the people are some of the best around.
Rough as fuck at times mind :lol:

maybe if some of the money the town made in the past for the country, was invested back in it then it would be more prosperous?

been to many places that are far worse than Sunderland. I’ve been living away from Sunderland longer than I lived in it but I genuinely think the people are some of the best around.
Rough as fuck at times mind :lol:

In fairness other parts of the country used to offset the lack of money we generated through business rates and the like so in a way they did. That has more recently changed I understand with councils now not being given subsidy, only what they create in order to incentivise cities and towns to do better.

In fairness other parts of the country used to offset the lack of money we generated through business rates and the like so in a way they did. That has more recently changed I understand with councils now not being given subsidy, only what they create in order to incentivise cities and towns to do better.
Towns like Sunderland helped build an empire financially and received very little back.

London and the south east have thrived on the back of the resources from the rest of the country.

We are know at the stage where they prop up the country via the financial industry etc built on the back of the heavy industries of the rest of the UK

Reactions: 42
Don't know about anyone else like but my life in Sunderland is going great. Work and live here, live in a nice area, plenty spare money after bills, nice locally made car. My football club is a f***ing disaster but there's about 10 disasters for every dream club, so that's not surprising

What have you ever done for Sunderland except slag the place off?

I find it interesting as in this day and age the scrutiny people (cllrs) and organisations (councils) yet these people are still accused of taking bungs and god knows what yet referring to the glory days of yesteryear when no doubt this sort of thing was rife, and probably why the city worked or succeeded.

Also people yearn for an era when the country was apparently great, which was when we had the largest empire the world had ever scene. Something which we created by invading countries across the globe.

I am Sunderland born and raised.My genuine question is why do the City of Sunderland people settle for second or third best mediocrity whether in local govt regeneration,national politics, and yes football.??? WHY ???
Because for whatever reason the thick kernts on here and in sunderland generally vote labour because “their dad did “.
We will never progress with this backward apparently corrupt council at the helm .
Don't know about anyone else like but my life in Sunderland is going great. Work and live here, live in a nice area, plenty spare money after bills, nice locally made car. My football club is a f***ing disaster but there's about 10 disasters for every dream club, so that's not surprising
A f***ing Nissan .?

Towns like Sunderland helped build an empire financially and received very little back.

London and the south east have thrived on the back of the resources from the rest of the country.

We are know at the stage where they prop up the country via the financial industry etc built on the back of the heavy industries of the rest of the UK

I appreciate that but it could be argued that we did benefit due to the creation of the empire through the era of ship building and mining to support the global trade. I must admit I don’t know the ins and outs of it or facts of what we did or didn’t receive.

Our problem has always been geography being in a bit of no mands land between Scotland and the south.

I find it interesting as in this day and age the scrutiny people (cllrs) and organisations (councils) yet these people are still accused of taking bungs and god knows what yet referring to the glory days of yesteryear when no doubt this sort of thing was rife, and probably why the city worked or succeeded.

Also people yearn for an era when the country was apparently great, which was when we had the largest empire the world had ever scene. Something which we created by invading countries across the globe.

Has the council or any councillors ever been convicted of corruption? I know the odd councillor might have been done for diddling his expenses but that's an individual misdemeanour and not corruption.

Has the council or any councillors ever been convicted of corruption? I know the odd councillor might have been done for diddling his expenses but that's an individual misdemeanour and not corruption.

I honestly don’t know. I know there are rumours of some having had work done to their houses historically but I’m not aware if anyone has been found guilty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back