Sunderland north airport

Newcastle airport is just about the most expensive one in the UK, because we hate travelling to other airports.

I was looking for a quick break before Christmas on a price comparison site.

£99 quid for the trip, special offer, but flying from Stansted.
£109 from Liverpool
£247 from Newcastle !

I love flying from a local airport, but I worked out that I could fly from Newcastle to Lanzerote, then back to Stansted and off to Prague. Then on the way back fly from Prague to Stansted, then Dublin, then Newcastle and it would be cheaper !

I still don’t think it would. People spend k’s on the holiday and business people need the specific connection. 1 quid vs 2 quid is trivial. The same twisters will then get through security and happily upload a picture of their 6 quid pint of peroni!

Imagine not going in the airport lounge :lol:

Newcastle airport is just about the most expensive one in the UK, because we hate travelling to other airports.

I was looking for a quick break before Christmas on a price comparison site.

£99 quid for the trip, special offer, but flying from Stansted.
£109 from Liverpool
£247 from Newcastle !

I love flying from a local airport, but I worked out that I could fly from Newcastle to Lanzerote, then back to Stansted and off to Prague. Then on the way back fly from Prague to Stansted, then Dublin, then Newcastle and it would be cheaper !
Very rarely fly from NCL anymore. Normally Leeds or Manc

Very rarely fly from NCL anymore. Normally Leeds or Manc
Its an airport of convenience because the cost differential with places like Edinburgh and Manchester is so great you can stop in hotels, parking, pay for fuel and bait and still be quids in.

Summer holiday for us was £400 cheaper from Manchester than Newcastle and that was after the overnight hotel and parking

Only fly from Sunderland North, if there's a flight going to where I want at a price not much more expensive than elsewhere.

Off to Sofia next week, out from Edinburgh back to Stanstead.
The destination choices are poor too.

Only flew to Gdansk and Barcelona from Newcastle this year.

Flew to Vilnius - Doncaster
Porto, Rome, Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava - Manchester
Krakow - Edinburgh.

Next year got Riga from Donny and Paris from Edinburgh.

Most due to destinations but Paris and Krakow priced based.

Its an airport of convenience because the cost differential with places like Edinburgh and Manchester is so great you can stop in hotels, parking, pay for fuel and bait and still be quids in.

Summer holiday for us was £400 cheaper from Manchester than Newcastle and that was after the overnight hotel and parking
Crazy isn't it. Me and owa lass are going to Barca next week, £20 one way Manc > BCN, then onto Naples (£18), Train to Florence (30 Euro), Bologna to Manc (£20).

Krakow - Edinburgh.

Totally agree.

The new Polish routes are to be welcomed, I guess this is Ryanair testing the waters.

Gdansk, Warsaw and Wroclaw.

Warsaw and Wroclaw started end of last year / beginning of this year, I think. Done the Wroclaw one a couple of weeks back, £30 return and flights full.
Aw aye, done all of them.

Love the Gdansk flight, late friday night so no need to take a day off and back late the monday. Ideal.

Aw aye, done all of them.

Love the Gdansk flight, late friday night so no need to take a day off and back late the monday. Ideal.
Like the Wroclaw, out Thursday am back Sunday am one. As I say the routes seemed to come out of the blue so hopefully just testing to see if there's demand for further.

Krakow - Edinburgh.

Crazy isn't it. Me and owa lass are going to Barca next week, £20 one way Manc > BCN, then onto Naples (£18), Train to Florence (30 Euro), Bologna to Manc (£20).
Thinly veiled look at me the globetrotter;)

Krakow - Edinburgh.

Next year got Riga from Donny and Paris from Edinburgh

You working on the Madeleine McCann case ?

Doubling drop off price to £2
Robbing jawdees
I fail to see how they can get away with this as public transport provision is poor
Metro is not 24 hours therefore you have no alternative but to use your car
and be sharpened to park
Pay an extortionate fee to be dropped off or a rip off taxi
does a bus service operate 24 hours a day I doubt it
The airport is publicly operated via a group of north east council but exploring the public

Boycoutt

On another theme Tyne tunnel is going up too
The toll is a tax on north east business and employees
It's a major problem part of the regions road network but what other region is taxed in such a way as dart ford residents relic subsidised tolls
Government wrote off tolls across forth and into walls as this was a tax on jobs
The red bit is how they get away with it.

Back