Sunderland music thread

Going to this on Friday should be a good show.

Best known as the frontman of renowned Bradford rock outfit, Terrorvision, Tony Wright is also a talented soloist.

Wright writes, records and tours under his own name with a set-list made up of songs he has written on his acoustic guitar – some upbeat, some melancholic, but all thought-provoking.

To say Tony is a busy man would be an understatement. In addition to his three albums with his post-Terrorvision band LaikaDog, he has now released two solo albums to date with a third one in the works. ‘Thoughts ’n’ All’ is just Tony and his acoustic guitar. The follow-up, ‘Walnut Dash’, released last year, brought the evolution of Tony with his acoustic guitar and a full band.

Tickets, priced at £11.00 in advance, are available from thepeacock.pub.

what's the peacock like for bands?
new model army frontman justin sullivan is playing a solo show there. can't remember offhand the date.

Only been a couple of time for gigs but it was spot on both occasions.
Cracking gig at the Peacock last night Martin Stephenson and the Daintees were in great form.
Good to see the old place packed too.

Last edited:
First gig for me at the Peacock last Friday - Blue Diamond's 20th Anniversary bash. Great night, Phil Caffrey played between sets and was excellent, and BD were as reliable as ever.

I thought the venue was really impressive, great sound and lighting, and makes good use of what is quite an awkward space, with it being so wiiiiiiide.

Robert Kane from Dr Feelgood got up for one song, 40 years after the last Showbiz Kids gig with Pat, and I'd be back to see his 'new' band (he has been the singer for almost as long as Lee Brilleaux was) at the same venue on 24 September were it not for a clash with Nick Cave! Will definitely be there 2 days later for Field Music.

First gig for me at the Peacock last Friday - Blue Diamond's 20th Anniversary bash. Great night, Phil Caffrey played between sets and was excellent, and BD were as reliable as ever.

I thought the venue was really impressive, great sound and lighting, and makes good use of what is quite an awkward space, with it being so wiiiiiiide.

Robert Kane from Dr Feelgood got up for one song, 40 years after the last Showbiz Kids gig with Pat, and I'd be back to see his 'new' band (he has been the singer for almost as long as Lee Brilleaux was) at the same venue on 24 September were it not for a clash with Nick Cave! Will definitely be there 2 days later for Field Music.

It's a cracking venue good vibe about the place.

There were bands on all day yesterday.

I'm there for up and coming gigs by the Feelgoods Field Music and the Lake Poets.

Tickets still available for this.

DR. FEELGOOD
Friday, 24 September 2021
Date: Friday, 24 September 2021 Source
DICE app · Installed

dr. feelgood - 24 Sep @ The Peacock, Sunderland - Dice.fm
dr feelgood the peacock from dice.fm
Dr. Feelgood are an English pub rock band formed in 1971. Hailing from Canvey Island, Essex, ...
Dutch band Pip Blom playing the Independent tonight.

Last edited:

Back