Sunderland murders

So who was killed in Plainsy where he had a fight and went to bed and never woke up the next day :cry: , think a couple got done for manslaughter was between 2000-2007 I think ?

The lad am thinking of was done for manslaughter of that one between 2000-2007 and I thought he was Jess and Jack's dad as always called at that Lindseys and was going with a lass called Claire at the time who lived in Farringdon?

Very,very sad case,that poor young man and those three absolute idiots,a £5 bet to see who could knock him out,very sad.
One of them was in my year at school. thieving little prick, used to go in peoples pockets while we were all out on the school field playing football in PE, though I do know he lived with his grandad because his parents beat him/treat him really bad, must play a part in how people turn out i think.

It doesn’t even make sense though.it was just bullying a poor young lad,idiots behaviour to be honest,poor kid.
He is buried a couple of rows behind my twin sisters in Mere Knolls cemetery 😢.
My daughter is disabled and this absolutely sickened me, if he was anything like her he would have trusted everyone. It's absolutely horrendous that anyone could do that to someone with learning disabilities. Bastards 🤬.
One of these lads died in a car crash recently he had not long been released.
Good.

Last edited:
He is buried a couple of rows behind my twin sisters in Mere Knolls cemetery 😢.
My daughter is disabled and this absolutely sickened me, if he was anything like her he would have trusted everyone. It's absolutely horrendous that anyone could do that to someone with learning disabilities. Bastards 🤬.

Good.
Totally sickens me when you hear of vulnerable people getting hurt 😞 but at the same time it makes me fume as well .I have a couple of friends with learning disabilities and they are the most caring/trusting people I know and I love them to bits. The one thing I have also learned is that they never judge you and always see the good in people.

Found it that's who I thought was that Jess and Jack's dad called David Fletcher (Paddy).

Last edited:
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned this one, unless I dreamt the whole thing.

In 1978 I was at college in Manchester, there was only one other student there from Sunderland, an attractive, athletic girl who lived on Ryhope Road. I found out later on she'd been raped and murdered while out jogging. It made headlines (even more so than murders normally do) because it was just at the time Walkman's were coming in and police said it was not a good idea to wear one while out running (as she had) due to the risk of being attacked without warning.

Her name might have been Julie something, it'll come to me later. Anyone help me out here?

Back