Sunderland man's anger as seafront bid rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went there a few years ago, was one of the worst meals I've ever had. My girlfriend and I still joke about it every time we pass.
I took our lass there years ago and we we left after one drink (planned on having a full meal and that) as the place was just a clip with bairns running all over. Never been back. Proper shame as it's in a cracking spot.

Successful? Give ya heed a shake man. f***ing shite. A prime site offering drab offerings in a run down interior. No vision what so ever.
Used to be a canny place too, admittedly it’s probably well over ten years since I’ve been. When walking the dog I often think it just looks sad and not very inviting. Throw a few quid at that place and it surely would be a little gold mine, try and attract some afternoon trade too, always looks dead.

Only just clicked on who it is. Great news. Someone who actually knows what they are doing and has made a success of businesses by offering something slightly different.
Yep. Strange time to be thinking of launching a business like this. But if anyone can make a go of something here they can. Really looking forward to it.

Usual numpties on Facebook having their say. Apparently it's nothing different because Latimers is just up the road - assume the bloke has either never been in Latimers or doesn't know what a restaurant is. And high end just means expensive - aye f***ing good it'll keep you out you f***ing scratter.

Just saw on Bassett’s Instagram. Absolutely stunning view that. Will they get tables out onto the beach like Riley’s fish shack I wonder?

Just saw on Bassett’s Instagram. Absolutely stunning view that. Will they get tables out onto the beach like Riley’s fish shack I wonder?
I should think so yes. Another mate has the cafe further back along towards Seaburn and he was given permission for seating outside.

Since the days of running Bar 36, Ben, smiler and the rest have done tons to help bring people to Sunderland and put on gigs as well as running the Ship isis and independent.

I can see it being a good Riley Fishshack type thing if he can get good chefs. Can wait for the usual shite chips and blue pop brigase to complain like..

Used to be a canny place too, admittedly it’s probably well over ten years since I’ve been. When walking the dog I often think it just looks sad and not very inviting. Throw a few quid at that place and it surely would be a little gold mine, try and attract some afternoon trade too, always looks dead.
The thing is, that shit hole set up could be located anywhere and tick over with special deals etc, keep them afloat(just).
The fact is its a decent sized place in a prime area that deserves summit better than a pizza and a pint for £3. Get shot of the fucker and get summit done with it ffs. Massive potential is being missed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back