Sunderland Hooligans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a few invaded the pitch and had a go at Barnsley in 94ish during a 4-0 defeat.

So you weren't at the Hibs friendly then? thought you went to all the matches. :confused:

Good point, yes I was , never saw anything in Scotland but saw the Mags flee the Central.
Never said I go to all the matches.

Chapters in Boro/Everton/Forest/Chelsea just off the top of my head.

In the 70s it was a case of massive numbers from sland going all over the country, rather than anything organised.

In the 80s when organised "firms" were first introduced it was mainly the London clubs/Pompey etc that were first into it. After that the scousers and mancs were into it especially abroad when the scousers were going on the rob bringing all the gear back which then became the casual era.

During the 90s onwards sunderland were up there amongst the best up and down the country. Huddesfield, Birmingham, Stoke, Rangers and numerous others all came out 2nd best. This was when Sunderland had big numbers following england also, i.e Italy away, Ireland away etc.

Gary Hamilton (?) testimonial at Ayresome, mid nineties.

Fans fighting on the pitch, Alan Harper played for us.

before seggregation and before the away end became the scoreboard (as man utd started it) a place to welcome away fans ..was at 73 ollie burtons testimonial a lively affair then a place to vanish once gates opened....:cool:

Aye but never let the facts get in the way of a good yarn tho' marra;)

Good point, yes I was , never saw anything in Scotland but saw the Mags flee the Central.
Never said I go to all the matches.

Result in Scotland as well A.B. their main lad came up to the lads in the station and congratulated them for getting a result which was something Leeds hadn't managed the season before.

Result in Scotland as well A.B. their main lad came up to the lads in the station and congratulated them for getting a result which was something Leeds hadn't managed the season before.

There was something happening at the pub near the station, the great big one but not sure what.

not sure ive ever seen sunderland take the piss like they did at hibs (and give out a beating).
maybe the carlisle friendly is comparable (when we ended up at the swan). seemed to take over the town and carlisle spent most of the day just trying to avoid a kicking.

There was something happening at the pub near the station, the great big one but not sure what.

its on youtube like

apparently everyone knocked danny dyers lot back when they asked about doing the real football factories aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back