Sunderland Have Begun To Speak To Candidates On Their Shortlist

It is mate. And you'll know we can mess this next appointment up. We're capable of anything

That is part of supporting Sunderland. Look at Bob Murray, he appointed Mick Buxton, Howard Wilkinson but also Peter Reid. Just because they got it wrong with Beale we have to recognise that they know they got it wrong by sacking him so soon. We have to cling to even the tiniest bit of hope that they might get it right.
They've had 3 and a half years to sign a centre forward. If that's anything to go by....

How many centre forwards do you want, it is not that they haven’t signed a striker, it is that they haven’t signed a good one. Bear in mind that they did sign LND who no one had heard of. Signing unknowns is certainly going to be hit and miss.

Last edited:
That is part of supporting Sunderland. Look at Bob Murray, he appointed Mick Buxton, Howard Wilkinson but also Peter Reid. Just because they got it wrong with Beale we have to recognise that they know they got it wrong by sacking him so soon. We have to cling to even the tiniest bit of hope that they might get it right.

How many centre forwards do you want, it is not that they haven’t signed a striker, it is that they haven’t signed a good one. Bear in mind that they did sign LND who no one had heard of. Signing unknowns is certainly going to be hit and miss.
Ross Stewart was on recommendation from Brian McDermott who was mates with Johnson so that's slightly different

We bought one in semedo who's a million miles off ready, if he ever will be. Ruysn and mayenda are wide players and Burstow thankfully isn't ours. If your choosing a hill to die on defending thus lot this certainly isn't the one.

They've had 3 and a half years to sign a centre forward. If that's anything to go by....

The difference (in my hopes and opinion anyway) is we should have a bit of coin to throw about and we are already full to the brim of young attacking prospects.

I think if Clarke goes and the strategy doesn't flex then their excuses have ran out.

The difference (in my hopes and opinion anyway) is we should have a bit of coin to throw about and we are already full to the brim of young attacking prospects.

I think if Clarke goes and the strategy doesn't flex then their excuses have ran out.
A lot of people hoping are going to have a big wake up call this summer imo. There's no evidence that the Clarke money will be spent well.

Heckingbottom will be a meh appointment
So was Mowbray when he signed . At least PH has a promotion from the championship on his CV but it's not a very leftfield appointment if true. I'd prefer a gamble of a Will Still but it's vital they get this one right but more important is player recruitment as if we balls that up then no head coach is going to be successful going forward

So was Mowbray when he signed . At least PH has a promotion from the championship on his CV but it's not a very leftfield appointment if true. I'd prefer a gamble of a Will Still but it's vital they get this one right but more important is player recruitment as if we balls that up then no head coach is going to be successful going forward
He got promotion with quite an expensive and old squad, not a young and frugal squad. Really drab football as well. If its him, it's him but again just seems like we are bouncing from pillar to post in our hires. There's no real consistency in style or approach, which makes no sense for the model we are implementing

Ryan Mason could be worth a look. Was suggested by a Spurs fan on X. Looking in to him, seems like he is going to be one of the next off the rank going in to a Head Coach role somewhere

Back