Sunderland Have Begun To Speak To Candidates On Their Shortlist

..is that where you get the impression he is still being paid? He will not be getting paid now. They will have reached a settlement.
a settlement just means an agreement..an agreement just means agreeing terms..the terms could be to pay him in monthly installements..thats certainly what would suit a club and a coach..

I disagree. Season ticket renewal are already failing with each game Dodds is in charge. Holding off until the summer will not encourage anyone to renew.
I would be happy with a manager announced but won't take up role until summer.

I don't see the point in bringing someone in now, playoffs are gone and if he doesn't get off to a good start it might make the summer a complete negative.

Exactly this. Unless you are absolutely desperate to keep your current seat there is no incentive whatsoever to renew this early. I’ll bide my time and see who is appointed, if I’m not happy with the appointment I simply won’t renew.
Exactly, I have to make a few sacrifices to get to the match and I've not enjoyed this part of the season at all.

If I can't see things at changing first with a decent manager, then what's the point.

Renewal time🤫
I would be happy with a manager announced but won't take up role until summer.

I don't see the point in bringing someone in now, playoffs are gone and if he doesn't get off to a good start it might make the summer a complete negative.
Your 100% right but the work any new incumbent could do in the way of prep work for next season, Could, he vital for a good start.

Last edited:
Renewal time🤫

Your 100% right but the work any new incumbent could do in the way of prep work for next season, Could, he vital for a good start.
This is their problem
Dodds has been so bad it’s ramped pressure up on them from fans wanting some hope for the future
If he’d picked results up along the way fans would be much more relaxed about it all
If the weekend goes badly I think they
process will accelerate to appoint even if it’s to take over from next season
ST renewals will be definitely on their mind
This weekend crucial for them

..is that where you get the impression he is still being paid? He will not be getting paid now. They will have reached a settlement.
I think they have reached a settlement and he is no longer getting paid but there is a clause that he can’t go to another Premier team this season. Imagine if he went to a team near the bottom and they stayed up and Forest went down.

Back